Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kpm_cbe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 11:17 PM
    Pregnancy risk, already one abortion
    Hai Friends,

I am 23 yrs old, married one year 6 months back.

One year before, I had an abortion, that time my first pregnancy was almost 16 weeks. The reason for the abortion is the doctor told us that there is no fluid formation, the foetus is showing no kidney development also, the spinal cord some abnormality (spina disfodida).

So the Docotor advised us to go for abortion, hence we aborted. This was my first pregnancy after 3 months of wedding.

Then the Doctor advised us not to plan for pregnancy for one year.

After one year, we are planning again for pregnancy now. I am taking folic acid past 3 months, my last menstral cycle was on April 20, now more then 35 days I didn't get menstral cycle.

So we visited doctor, she did a ultrasound scan and test for hcg in urine came positive, but the doctor is saying that foetus is not formed properly, and they are not able to see anything in ultrasound, asking me to come for another ultrasound after 10 days. She also saying no fluid formation now also.

I am really upset. The doctor is telling something like window pregnancy like that, I don't understand what they speak. She advised me not to have intercoure and to continue folic acid. She advised in case any bleeding, severe pain or gidiness asking me to visit her immediately.

Can anyone advice me, I am pregnant or not? Again risk in pregnancy?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 10:40 AM

It sounds like you are pregnant if she is saying you hcg levels came back positive and there's a fetus. From what you've told us, about her saying that the fetus isn't forming properly and there is no fluid formation, if she is correct this pregnancy sounds like it could go a lot like your first one. But don't worry yet. This is a serious matter and there's never anything wrong with getting a second opinion. I would also recommend that you either find a way to communicate clearly with your dr or find a new dr that you can communicate better with. There's a huge communication problem when you leave still not knowing if you're pregnant or not .

May 27, 2009, 09:51 PM
    Today, my B hcg report came, it says my B hcg levels are less then 0.1, means 99.9 % I am not pregnant. In ultrasound also they are not able to see anything like foetus.
    And after 37 days from my last menstrual cycle, today again bleeding started. Means I am not pregnant. Only my menstrual cycle was postponded by 10 days. Now again we have to plan for pregnancy, other then folic acid what else precaution we should take to become pregnant?
    Thank you for your reply.
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 28, 2009, 02:06 AM

If you want to get pregnant you need more than just folic acid. You should be taking a prenatal vitamin as well. And of course all of the other obvious things like no smoking or drinking...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 09:55 AM

Choosing a Multivitamin Before Pregnancy - March of Dimes

That article gives advice on how to choose a good prenatal vitamin

May 28, 2009, 09:22 PM
    Hai,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy after an abortion [ 23 Answers ]

Earlier this year, my boyfriend made me chose between him and having a baby. Stupidly I chose him, and had an abortion which I so deeply regret. Straight after my op the doctors fitted me with a coil which gave me endless problems so I later had it removed. Since then I have desperately...

Pregnancy after an abortion [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to keep myself hidden this is a touchy subject for me I had ana abortion a few years back. It was a huge mistake.. anyway I am trying to get pregnant again me and my boyfriend are trying to have a baby and we tried now for about 3 years I am not getting pregnant. Can a abortion...

Pregnancy after abortion [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of mine had a surgical abortion at 11 weeks just over 2.5 weeks ago and had no bleeding afterwards, however, she had unprotected sex with her partner 3 days later and again 4 days later. The following day (5 days later) she had her period which lasted 2-3 days. She now wonders if there...

Abortion & Future pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I had an abortion 4 years ago and now trying to conceive. I had some incomplete abortion before and a lot of bleeding. Ihave haemoglobin level of 9.1. Its been 1.5 yrs now and still not conceived. My husband results r OK and my ultrasound OK Dr says I worry that due to abortion I have some...

View more questions Search