Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blushingbride Posts: 22, Reputation: -2

May 26, 2009, 10:43 PM
    Microphones keep me from hitting notes
    I went to the bar where my aunt does karaoke for a living and sang a few songs with her. For some reason when I sing into a microphone and my voice becomes light and carries away I miss the notes. I can sing the song at home and hit them fine but when I use a microphone it dismisses the vibration in my throat and when I go to sing I mess up because I don't know what note I'm about to sing. I know this all sounds retarded but I feel each note in my throat before it comes out but I can't with a microphone. I'm not sure what I can do about it. We have turned the microphone down but it didn't help and if I don't use one no one can hear me. It's a problem I'm having so maybe someone can either give me suggestions or inform me of what you go by to hit certain notes. Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 03:05 PM

Hi, Blushingbride!

Would you be able to practice with a microphone at home? It sounds like you just need practice using one. Also, singing in front of people as much as you can should help you to get over your fears. Another thing that helps would be to make sure that you really know the words and melody of any song that you're trying to sing.

When I was your age, I would get nervous singing in front of people, whereas, at home I could sing just fine by myself.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2009, 06:00 PM

Sounds like you are listening to yourself from the speakers, not your actual sound, plus quality of mikes, sound system and speakers.

But if you hit it at home, you can hit it anywhere, your voice is not effected by mikes, your mind is
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 03:14 PM

Yeah make sure you have a good sound system. One that you can do a lot of effects with is good and fun.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 07:19 PM

Hi again, Blushingbride!

So, what was it that you were listening to the most when you were singing, please? Your own voice or that which was produced by using a sound system?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discounted notes vs Interest Bearing Notes [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes a discounted note is issued rather than an interest-bearing note. Why would a someone do this rather than the standard interest bearing note? What are the pros and cons of doing so? Who would issue a discounted note?

?Hitting lefty and hitting against lefties. [ 4 Answers ]

I have trouble htting against lefties. I am a left handed batter and I am fine against righties, but against lefties I struggle. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.?

View more questions Search