Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chadcmd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 09:14 PM
    1099 need to know how much to save for taxes
    I just got a new job and they don't hold anything out of my checks. I need to know how much to hold out of each check like a percentage since its commission. I like in Oklahoma and file married. Also how to find out what I can write off and exactly how that works. If anyone can help would greatly appreciate it!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2009, 09:33 PM

No you don't have a job, you have your own business and you have a contract to provide service.

As such you will have business expeneses, a lot of things you do will be able to be deducted from your gross income.

But of your taxable income, you want to save back about 30 percent for taxes. Also you may have to do quarterly estimated taxes as a 1099 person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 & Taxes [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter earned $550.00 in 2008 working as a "seasonal employee". They did not issue a 1099. Should they have? Also, if I file a 1040EZ for her, where would I put this amount?

How to file a 1099 self employed taxes and taxes in Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone . I had a few tax related questions . My husband is pretty much self employed , he is a permanent resident of the united states etc. we live in Georgia . We wanted to know how do we file a self employed tax paper and how do we figure the precentages we are a family of 4 . With 2...

How to save taxes in US [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks Mukta! I will be working in Miami Florida and in L1B visa in for the next 3 years! I wanted to know that, is it possible that if I work in US but get paid from India to minimize taxes in US? If this is possible then how?

Mother wants to add son to deed to save property taxes can he not mortgage house? [ 2 Answers ]

My mother owns a house in Starke FL anf her son, my brother has lived in it for 3 years. He has became disabled and doesn't work, she lives in SC. She wants to add him to the deed so that the property taxes becom lower for owner occupied verus living out of state, it will save her about $1,000 eah...

Should I open a IRA to save about $400 in taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I did my taxes, and it advises me that if I open an IRA (I never had one), I will save about $400 in taxes. I am in the mid 40. Is there any issues (need to pay penalty? - tax due is OK) in getting the money say I was in trouble - unemployed it or whatever?

View more questions Search