Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Damiond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Preserving a dead bird for taxidermist
    Our Bird just died, and we were thinking of preserving her to take to a taxidermist, does anyone knows what should I do? Should I put her in the freezer?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 05:47 PM

Definitely put the bird in the freezer until you can get it to the taxidermist. This way the feathers will stay nice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preserving old taxidermy [ 2 Answers ]

While I as an animal lover, I am opposed to the hunting of animals for display, I recently inherited some taxidermy mounts from my grandmother. My Step Grandfather went on safari in the 50's and 60's and collected a lot of heads. I now have 3 and I would like to preserve them. They are in decent...

Change in weight of bird-cage when the bird is flying inside the cage? [ 2 Answers ]

Q1. What kind of Change would be observed in the weight of bird-cage, weighed by a spring balance 1. when the bird is sitting inside the cage 2. when the bird is flying inside the cage? WHY? Q2. A 1.0 gm. Seed is sown on the earth after few years it becomes one of the biggest trees in the...

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

Magets and dead bird [ 1 Answers ]

A bird died behind my huband's computer monitor. It was there long enough to get magets. I have washed , put out baking soda, used lysol, left the cabinet opened and sprayed bug spray. Any other thoughts besides throwing the computer cabinet away. Stephanie

Preserving Culture [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it important to preserve a culture? Why is it not important to preserve a culture?

View more questions Search