Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmcgee Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 03:12 PM
    I lack self confidence
    I'm 14 and lack self confidence but I want to become a actress I'm not the skinniest of people and not the best looking but its something I really want to do?
    crazychick56 Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

May 26, 2009, 03:54 PM

OK... this coming from a little actress herself:p haha just kidding but I do act in my school program and we have placed in every competition and I have gotten an all time best actress award but take a few tips...
    You don't have to be just OUTRAGEOUSLY gorgeous to have to be an actor or skinny or pish posh.
    Im not saying I'm not smaller than some but I'm not the skinniest of all people(if oyu know what I mean)... I am almost fourteen and weigh 139pounds... granted most of it should be muscle I am very self conscious about my weight a lot of the time... I can't even wear a bathing suit without feeling left out or whatever.
    Anf another thing... I feel so intimidated by all the beautiful girls in my class and school and whatever but looks and weight basically mean nothing. I mean sure in hollywood and famous acting it takes a small part in things... but that doesn't mean it will stop you from being an amazing actress in anybodys mind and those little cons shouldn't stop you. Are you good at acting? If you enjoy it and you are really good nothing should EVER stop you from trying to live your dream(dont know if this is your dream opr not) but it could soon someday become it if you swtick with this. You don't have to be the top of the top... just do your best... enjoy the time you spend in it and maybe try to success in it a little and you won't feel this way after a while of doing it... trust me... I know how you feel;)
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 26, 2009, 03:56 PM

Practice practice practice. Join the drama club at school.

May 26, 2009, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crazychick56 View Post
    ok... this coming from a little actress herself:p haha just kidding but i do act in my school program and we have placed in every competition and i have gotten an all time best actress award but take a few tips....
    you dont have to be just OUTRAGEOUSLY gorgeous to have to be an actor or skinny or pish posh.
    Im not saying im not smaller than some but im not the skinniest of all people(if oyu know what i mean)... i am almost fourteen and weigh 139pounds.... granted most of it should be muscle i am very self consious about my weight alot of the time...... i can't even wear a bathing suit without feeling left out or whatever.
    Anf another thing... i feel so intimidated by all the beautiful girls in my class and school and whatever but looks and weight basically mean nothing. I mean sure in hollywood and famous acting it takes a small part in things... but that doesnt mean it will stop you from being an amazing actress in anybodys mind and those little cons shouldnt stop you. Are you good at acting? If you enjoy it and you are really good nothing should EVER stop you from trying to live your dream(dont know if this is your dream opr not) but it could soon someday become it if you swtick with this. You dont have to be teh top of the top... jsut do your best.... enjoy the time you spend in it and maybe try to success in it a little and you wont feel this way after a while of doing it.... trust me... i know how you feel;)
    Once one learns how to smile in a bad situation... then must you be considred wise

May 28, 2009, 02:16 AM
    I get nervous
    I get really nervous in front of people but I want to become a actress. I'm also really quiet I just don't no what to do?:confused: :(
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 05:13 AM
    Try taking an acting class, as well as an assertiveness training class.
    ahsan32 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 05:25 AM

Have faith in your abilities That's it, just imagine how many fans you will have to handle when you become a star. Its just a beginning my friend.

Best of luck for your acting career.

May 28, 2009, 10:50 AM
    But I live in middlesbrough and I don't know where to go?

May 29, 2009, 10:16 AM

If you don't know where to go then don't look but you know you can train yourself... sure it may be hrad but oh well its worth it...

See... here's what you can do... since your shy... go out with friends and live your life and come out of your shell... once you learn to be more outgoing this should be easier for you. Trust me I used to be the shiest girl in school and now I am an amazing dancer and actress getting out there in front of hundreds of people doing my thing and I can't keep my mouth shut(haha:p)...
    So kind of train yourself I guess... and have faith in yourself... believe in yourself and believe in the lord jesus christ your savior and he will bless you one day... you just have to be quite patient
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 02:14 PM

Hi, bmcgee!

If you would like, I have an activity that I like to do with people that might help you with your self-confidence. If you might be interested in knowing what it is and also participating in doing it, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!

Jun 1, 2009, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, bmcgee!

If you would like, I have an activity that I like to do with people that might help you with your self-confidence. If you might be interested in knowing what it is and also participating in doing it, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!
    OK then
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 01:49 PM

Hi again, bmcgee!

What it is, is writing songs. Even if you've never done that sort of thing, I can show you how. You can even hear what it might sound like online!

Thanks!

Jun 1, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Hi again, bmcgee!

What it is, is writing songs. Even if you've never done that sort of thing, I can show you how. You can even hear what it might sound like online!

Thanks!
    I don't get it you want me to write songs even though I want to be a actress:confused:??
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2009, 01:55 PM

Doing so can help you with your self-confidence.

Are you willing to give it a try?

Thanks!

Jun 2, 2009, 07:46 AM
    Doing so can help you with your self-confidence.

Are you willing to give it a try?

Thanks!
    Errrmmmm OK but what can I write about??

Jun 2, 2009, 09:57 AM

well I want to butt in haha just write about anything, like what all happens around you. LIke um, something that may be happening to you that is upsetting you... writing a poem, story, or song can help let all that energy out, I mean you can even write about something random for crying out loud like cats haha:)

anyway, just let us know when you think of something

Haha, sorry Clough that I stole your stage haha I just wanted to butt in for a minute, now I'm done:) you can have it back, lol:)
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2009, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgee View Post
    errrmmmm ok but what can i write about???
    Yes. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or perfect. Are there any things that you really like to do for fun?

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Yes. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or perfect. Are there any things that you really like to do for fun?

Thanks!
    I like to play guitar and act :D
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 02:09 PM

Then, how about writing a song about playing the guitar and acting?

Jun 4, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Then, how about writing a song about playing the guitar and acting?
    I don't know how to start it though :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lack of confidence [ 2 Answers ]

How do I gain more confidence in myself and my relationship?

Lack of confidence and trust [ 2 Answers ]

Ever since I was little I have very low self esteem.. Many things in my past have had an effect on this, such as family problems being picked on and made fun of being in an abusive relationship from 7th to 9th grade and so many other things. I also have a problem trusting anyone and everyone...

Lack of confidence [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, didn't know what to put this under, but me and my friend are doing a school talent show in a couple of days. The problem is we are singing and I'm really nervous and I don't know how I will project my voice across the hall, I'm quite shy! Please help? And we also don't get microphones =(

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

Where has my confidence gone? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you pick yourself up after you have fallen so deep into this hole. I have become the lowest of the low. Myself confidence is lost... I don't have a grasp at anything anymore. I feel as if I have lost my ground, no I don't have a ground anymore... It's like I am floating. I've completely...

View more questions Search