Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hawgwild Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 02:17 PM
    10 day summons in UTAH
    Just was served a summons for failing to pay on time to r.c. willey furnishings, I am self employed and my trucking co is a s-corp , nothing I own is paid off yet so no assets or bank account in my name. Should I reply to the law offices or let them take judgement?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 09:04 PM

You should reply if you have a defense - out of Statute, you want to see a copy of the original agreement.

What is your defense?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2009, 09:06 PM

Well of course you should "pay them do you not have the money to pay the bills, do you have a lot of other bills getting ready to be in default.

Do you not spend money, If you use your business account as a personal bank account it may not be protected

And of course a judgement can go for 10 years and then even another 10, so in 20 years most likely you will have something or be making money for them to get

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I work in Alaska and live in Utah. Do I need to pay Utah state income tax? [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Utah but I work in Alaska. All of my income is made in Alaska. Do I need to file a state return with Utah?

Moving to Utah [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I currently live in So. California. My hubby and I are looking into moving to Utah. I’m just curious what it is like to live there? We are not LDS. My husband was raised LDS but is not a practicing member hasent been one for years. I’m just scared that we will be outcasted. We are trying to...

How do I find Waiver for Parental Rights in Utah [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out where my son would go to get a Waiver for Parental Rights to give to a father who does not want his child?

Received Summons for Credit Card Debt (Utah) [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons from a lawyer representing a collection company (Arrow Financial Services) for an outstanding credit card balance which I have been unable to pay (I was out of work for a long time and have had health issues on and off for the past few years). It says that I have to respond...

View more questions Search