Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

May 26, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Paint Colors
    I'm moving into my first home with my fiancé and was looking for some help from someone with a good artistic eye for colors. Right now the walls are all white, and I'd like to add color. I want the home to be warm and inviting and colors that make you feel happy! Below I've listed the colors I have in the room... if you have an eye for colors and cordinating... please help with some wall colors! Thanks

Bathroom:
    Towels and accessories are dark brown and beige... some gold designs on accessories

Bedroom:
    Deep dark cherry wood furniture... almost looks black but it's not... just a very dark brown

Kitchen:
    All appliances are stainless steel. Kitchen towels light apple green and light beige. Plates are white with that apple green and purple design. Table and chairs... black wood with a bronze colored piece as accent.

Living Area:
    Furniture color light beige with accents of black. Table is glass with black metal legs.. some browns in tiled work that lies under the glass.

I seem to love the earthtones. Thanks for any help in advance. :)
    mackamoos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 06:25 AM
    Sounds like you got a plan,
    Here's a few notes I found handy, and might help you with co-ordinating colour.
    It'll be great and you gain great satisfaction will be derived from such planning
    The of color harmony, it is seen that color schemes may be successfully planned if the laws of harmony are used intelligently.
    It is not necessary to use all the colors, in any chosen harmony, on the walls, ceiling, or woodwork. The colors may be distributed throughout the room in articles of shower fixtures, furniture, rugs, bathroom fixtures, drapes, lamps, light fixtures etc.
    The smaller areas will stand colors of greater intensity. In other words, the larger the areas, the less intense the colors should be; and the smaller the areas the more intense they may be.

As experience is gained it will be found that the range of colors used in a scheme will increase, thereby permitting greater freedom and more interesting harmonies.

Successful color harmony is dependent not only upon the hues chosen but also upon the proper tints and shades. Values of colors are as important as hues in any particular combination.

you can find more info here: Home Decorating Ideas, Home Interior Decorating Tips ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 05:36 PM

Hi, Luv2Dance!

Would it be possible for you to post some images here of what you're wanting to paint?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior Paint Colors not working [ 4 Answers ]

I am painting the outside of my house, myself. I finally chose an exterior color that I like however I have tried 3 different accent colors and none of them look good at all. I am tired of painting and need to finish this project up before it gets too cold to paint. My roof is red, brick is...

I am a girl and have to figure out what paint and how to paint my barn? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so now that I have your attention.. I have a very old existing barn with not much paint on it. Who knows when and with what type of paint was used it is so weathered. I think I can just paint over it. In its condition I would have to sand it. The paint is not flaking it is just very weathered...

Honda del sol paint colors [ 1 Answers ]

I need the paint code for the brite green honda del sols. My little girl wants her car painted that color

What prep work is needed to change from oilbase paint to waterbase paint? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything I need to do to prep my kitchen from oilbase paint to water base paint ?

Paint colors for bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: I have found very pretty shower curtain in a fox hunt scene and want to paint a guest bathroom black and white... would bright white on walls and black on ceiling and woodwork look OK? Also, best type of paint to use? Thanks much ;)

View more questions Search