Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shattalon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Did I scare her away
    I ask this woman out on Monday. We had talked and walked with each other earlier and I enjoyed her company. I ask her to dinner at the end of our walk on Monday she agreed and told me she was coming off a relationship and it would be friends. I agreed by saying yes when I go out with someone new I just like to enjoy the evening. I called her the next day and ask her to walk again. She said she would call me and let me know. She did but declined to walk and said we would talk later in the week about Friday. She was very upbeat. I called her on Thursday about Friday but ran into her bfore she could call me back. She said she would meet me at the restaurant at 7. I sensed she was uneasy. Friday afternoon she cancelled. Saying she is dealing with a number of issues and wasn't ready (2 years sober). I understood completely. I am afraid I gave her the wrong imp[ression of my intentions coming across as if I want a relationshop ( I don't, I want friends now. I have some things of my own I need to lay to rest) I hope I get the opportuinity to go out with her.
    The questions(s) are did I scare her away and how do I get another opportunity to go out with her. I will run into her in our neighborhood either walking or at the pool.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2009, 12:01 PM

Perhaps she views all "dates" as more than friends, and you may have fun if you run into her. Talking and being honest with her is all you can do
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 12:58 PM

All you can do is wait for her to call you, stop trying to make contact and see what happens.

Make new friends too, they are great to have
    shattalon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 01:06 PM
    I am not trying to make contact. I won't call her. I will run into her in the neighborhood because our neighborhood is so small it is inevitable.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 01:15 PM

When you do run in to her, just be upfront. Ask her if she thought you were coming on too strong. She may appreciate your kindness. For some reason when someone of the opposite sex asks to spend time together, it's hard for it to not be mistaken as a come-on.

Just let her know that you're seeking friendship now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2009, 01:27 PM

Don't push, and don't assume. Don't put all your eggs in her basket.

Give her time and space for a bit, she obviously needs it.

Me, I get another date with someone else, and check her out later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very scare to death! [ 21 Answers ]

3 months ago I had several times sexual intercourse with no protection at all with my girlfriend but we aren't dating anymore. A month later I found out she had VB and an yeast infection but I didn't see anything on me. On the 5th week and 4 days of possible exposure to an std I went to the...

Pregnancy scare [ 1 Answers ]

I have missed my period by a week an a half and its nearly the end of the month I have taken 3 pregnancy test 1 before my missd period an 2 after all 3 has come out negative I don't really have any symptoms but I'm still unsure what too before its too late

Man with a scare? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! A little while ago I psted a question about seeing ghosts and a few days later a man with a scare under his right eye starting following me but no one else could see him so I told my friend and she thimks that maybe someone on this website knows him so I said it's worth a try.He is in his early...

Pregnancy scare [ 31 Answers ]

I'm scared I might be pregnant, I did have sexual intercourse My period is two weeks late now, and I'm having severe cramping in my lower abdomen all I want to do is be in a ball and hold my stomach, my breast have been very tender and I've had to urinate more than usual and I'm very nauseas...

I'm scare [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Well I Have A Q's And Need An Answer Soon!! Well I Think I Have Hpv Cancer Or Something I Have These Bumps And The Kind of Look Like Coldsores But They Don't Hurt At All Well There Located In My Vagina Near The Clitoris On The Side And Im Scared To Go To The Doctor To Ask. Well I Got Tested For...

View more questions Search