Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ahmattoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Router:sometimes work and stops suddenly.
    Hello
    I'm Ahmad Abdallah
    I have a D-link Router Di-524 and it is not working properly :(
    The problem is... sometimes it works and sometimes stopes suddenly don't know why :(
    And the time in it can't be up to date is has a range from 2002 to 2007,
    Hope you help me :(
    Thanks with all my respect to youuu... waiting for your answer
    Best regards
    A.M.A.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

May 26, 2009, 04:55 PM

How are you connecting to it and with what operating system?
    Ahmattoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 06:23 AM
    I'm now using vista... but it does the same thing on Xp also!
    I'm connecting it to the access point through the WAN... and I've have done correctly the configuration...
    Best regards
    A.M.A.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

May 27, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmattoo View Post
    I'm now using vista...but it does the same thing on Xp also!!
    I'm connecting it to the access point throught the WAN.... and I've have done correctly the configuration...
    best regards
    A.M.A.

Did you mean connecting to the access point via wireless? If you are using WEP security for your wireless, change it to a Personal WPA Key. This is much more reliable.

Check your wirless router configuration. If it can be set to a different channel, then change it a manual selection instead of having it automatically loop through available channels. If there are nearby wireless access points, the signals may be crossing each other. In this regard, a the new N standard is better than the B or G for getting the best connections.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not yet divorced, dad suddenly stops calling kids [ 3 Answers ]

I filed for divorce from husband 1 1/2 yrs ago, very ugly divorce and still pending. He is normally fighting me for every minute of time with our 3 children that he can get. He usually calls a few times a week. (They live with me) He missed his last visitation and now hasn't had contact with the...

Http stops but p2p continues working until router is refreshed [ 1 Answers ]

I Have a linksys router connected to a 1mb dsl line, and several pcs connected to it. at least once a day (at seemingly random intervals) anything using the http protocol (ie, Firefox or the rss feeds and trackers in my bittorrent client) can't access anything. I get the same messages as if...

Hampton bay ceiling fan and light suddenly won't work [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I was switching the direction of the fan by sliding a button on the top of the fan. However, it shut the fan off entirely and now it or the light will not turn on... its the summer and I really need my fan to work! :(

92 Honda suddenly stops [ 2 Answers ]

The problem with this car is driving me crazy. Car starts I am driving for a while and just stops. One time it happened at a red light another time while I was driving. When it stops the radio is still playing, I can use the hazzard lights but the power stearing is out. After a while, it starts...

1993 Civic EX suddenly stops running and won't re-start [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, My girlfriend's Honda Civic (1993 EX model) died within 3 blocks of her workplace the other day. Not being able to troubleshoot the problem in 5 deg weather, I towed it to my house to have a closer look. The car turns over just fine... the engine is not seized, the starter works fine...

View more questions Search