Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggle_monster Posts: 84, Reputation: 0

May 26, 2009, 11:15 AM
    What should I get as a tattoo when I'm 18?
    I am a girl and I am 15 and I am thinking of getting a tattoo when I am 18 and I don't know what to get. I am getting it on my lower back. Will someone help me figure out on what to get. I am thinking on getting a heart and a rose with it like somehow combine it but I don't know. I am single and if I weren't I won't get or put my boyfriends name on me. I don't know what would look good on my lower back as a tattoo. Please help me.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 26, 2009, 11:19 AM

Ummm... you could put your b/f's name on you hoping that your still together in three years, if not you can put "boy this wasn't thought through too well". In three tears it may very well be relevant:)

"Kidding" aside, I'm sure that anything you decide today will most likely be changed in 3 years time.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 11:38 AM

First you have to pick something that has meaning to you. You have 3 years so you have sometime. Don't get the lower back tattoo every girl and probably half their moms have a tattoo there.

May 26, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    First you have to pick something that has meaning to you. You have 3 years so you have sometime. Don't get the lower back tattoo every girl and probably half their moms have a tattoo there.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 03:07 PM

You are 15, trust me when I say whatever tattoo you pick now you will not want it by the time you are 18.

The same thing happened to me, I was about your age and I picked out this really nice tattoo of a seahorse...

By the time I turned 18 I got a tattoo of something completely different!

I know you don't think it now but you tastes change as you get older.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2009, 07:11 PM

I love butterflys
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 06:06 AM

To me the lower back tattoo is just way over done. Besides do you want people to say hey look at the tramp stamp on giggle_monster. Sorry I didn't want to say it that way but I don't know any other way to say it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 09:09 AM

You have plenty of time and will most likely keep changing or expanding your idea. So I would get a sketch book and some colored pencils and start drawing some basic ideas.
    Then when you turn 18 go through them and come up with something unique.

May 27, 2009, 10:57 AM

Thanks you guy's

May 27, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Now I get what your saying but I wouldn't mind it. But thanks for the advice.

To me the lower back tattoo is just way over done. Besides do you want people to say hey look at the tramp stamp on giggle_monster. Sorry I didn't want to say it that way but I don't know any other way to say it.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 11:10 AM

Cool if you don't mind then go for it when you turn 18. One warning getting Tattoo's can be VERY addictive
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 12:12 PM

YES! I agree with spitevenom... you can't just stop at one!

I thought I was just going to get a small one on my hip...
    That turned into two small ones on my hips... then both my hips...
    Now I want one the whole way down my ribs on one side, and my foot and my neck...

:: sigh ::
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 12:25 PM

I think the Tattoo down rib is much cooler and sexier then the lower back.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 08:44 AM
    I think the Tattoo down rib is much cooler and sexier then the lower back.
    I love them :)

I'd love to get a cherry blossom branch. Got to save my pennies for the actual tattoo and pain relief lol I reckon ribs will be rather painful!
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 08:53 AM
    You guys are crazy!! I am terrified of needles. I can not even imagine what its like sitting in that chair with that needle buzzz buzzz oh god they would be picking me up off the floor. Yep big fat baby here. They are beautiful art for sure. But not on this big baby.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 08:55 AM

Same here I always wanted a tattoo so bad for at least 30 some years but the thought of actually getting it UGGGG!

May 28, 2009, 10:18 AM

Thanks you guys and yeah I don't really mind. I would not get a rib tattoo because I wouldn't be able to stand the pain but I can stand the pain for the tramp stamp tattoo because it is only in one spot.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

May 28, 2009, 10:23 AM

I was watching something on T.V. the otherday this girl had a REMOVED version of the playboy bunny on here lower back it made me think of this post.there was no telling how much work she had done to remove this thing and now it looked like a botched prison tat.as a guy I have never been turned on by the TRAMP STAMP
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 10:28 AM

Yeah removing tattoos is not some easy thing.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 10:58 AM

The needle used in tattooing is very small. It feels like you are getting scratched pretty deep. After the outline of the tat is done the area is usually numb so you don't even feel the coloring in of the outline.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend wants me to have an tattoo [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not really sure about body art... because I'm scared of needles... but I want one... hes said if I get on get on big.. nothing small because they suppose to be addictive and all.. if I put one in a place like my shoulder... like my name or something.. it wouldn't be enough I guess for him... so...

Using a tattoo gun [ 1 Answers ]

How do you use a tattoo gun?

Tattoo Id [ 3 Answers ]

Would a tattoo be acceptable as a means of personal Idenification?

Tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm maria please please please could you tell me where to find a pic of jordans tattoo on her wrist:confused:

Tattoo [ 7 Answers ]

OK this may seem weird but latly I've bin thinking about getting a tattoo but not a normall one, it would be on my penis I'm not precise on what I won't but I was wondering if any one has bin their an done that, would they give some advise on what to get or how painfull it is. Also does it cost...

View more questions Search