Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nslane Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Three time felon
    I am a two time felon. I would like to know if I am convicted a third time is it possible I could get probation instead of sitting in jail. I just got off parole, but I haven't had probation. Do you think I have another chance to do right?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2006, 06:24 PM
    The only person that can give you the chance to do right is you. Sitting around thinking about the third time and what the outcome will be is the wrong approch. You should be thinking about how you will avoid a third felony. Imagine yourself as sucsessful and free as a bird. The things we think about are the things we attract into our lives. If you sit pondering crime you will attract it and the people that come with it. Usually the third time down tells the judge and prosecutor that you are a career criminal. When they decide that, they usually recommend the "BIT**". Do you know what the "***CH" is? 25 to life. So, to answer another of your questions, No you will not get probation for your third felony.
    Now, from my background as a state and retired federal corrections officer, I think you probably are a career criminal and you are looking forward to going back because that is the only place you really fit in. Am I right or am I wrong? I am not trying to put you down or disrespect you but the fact is there are a lot of folks that want to spend their lives in prison and the way you approch this matter tells me you are one of them. Good luck to you.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2006, 06:37 PM
    For a third felony conviction I seriously doubt that probation would be an option. After 3 felony convictions jail time is almost certainly in the cards.
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Oct 4, 2006, 06:34 AM
    What were your crimes? What crime are you contimplating doing? JUdges ae like mothers, third time your are told to do something and don't. Your in deep ****
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2006, 08:01 AM
    Hello lane:

Dude! You've been around the block twice already. You should know by now that there ain't no answer to a question such as "how much time am I gonna get?".

Some 3rd timers are doing life for stealing a slice of pizza. Some get probation. So, the answer to your question is, it depends.

excon
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 4, 2006, 08:33 AM
    It definitely depends on what you do/did. My ex boyfriend went to Federal prison twice-did him not a bit of good-and most likely, eventually, he will go back. The lawyers said the last time he went that if he goes again he will get much more time in jail. Regardless of what he does. But it really does depend on the crime you do to determine how much time.
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2006, 09:08 AM
    Hello again:

I must relate this story. I got slammed for my first 3 (or was it 4?) felonies. But, on the 5th (or maybe it was my 6th), my lawyer argued, "well prison didn't work, let's try probation". So, that's what I got.

Like I said, it depends.

excon

Oct 4, 2006, 12:20 PM
    I'm not thinking about doing anything. I already didi it that's why I asked the question. I am out on bail.
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Hello again, lane:

Well, that's a little clearer. You JUST got off parole... And I would guess that there wasn't much time between the 1st and the 2nd felony either... Therefore, I think you're headed to the slam again, Dude.

Let's hope you don't live in a three strikes state. Get a good lawyer.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2006, 12:30 PM
    If the crime involved any force or weapons, I would say you best pack it up.

But yes, right now is mid term elections on some judges, who have to show they are getting hard on crime, so get any trial posponed to after election normally. But in many areas they are right, I have seen a very minor third offence give some very big jail time.

All I can say is that you have better have the best lawyer money can buy.

Oct 4, 2006, 12:47 PM
    I got my first conviction in 1995. They gave me probation for that. Then in 96 I violated my probation so that gave me my second conviction because the crime itself was a mistermeanor. That time I got jail time. Now in 2006 I'm in trouble again, but this time I really didn't do what they saying. I haven't been convicted as of yet, but I'm thinking just because of my past they might just give me a third conviction. The thing is they have no evidence they going by what somebody said.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 4, 2006, 12:51 PM
    In my state, unfortunately, when you have already been charged as a felon, you need to be careful what you do/where you go-because that is all it takes is for someone to say you did something and Boom-you go back. Better get a lawyer
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2006, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nslane
    I got my first conviction in 1995. They gave me probation for that. Then in 96 I violated my probation so that gave me my second conviction because the crime itself was a mistermeanor. That time I got jail time. now in 2006 im in trouble again, but this time i really didn't do what they saying. I haven't been convicted as of yet, but i'm thinking just because of my past they might just give me a third conviction. The thing is they have no evidence they going by what somebody said.
    Well, you're innocent until proven guilty. If the only evidence they have on you is hearsay, then as others have advised, get yourself a good lawyer to have a field day with this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can A Felon Be Bonded [ 11 Answers ]

Can a person with a felony conviction that occurred over 45 years ago be bonded. The conviction did not have anything to do with theft.

Run time [ 1 Answers ]

I keep getting this "a run time error has occured, do you want to debug?" If I click no, nothing is resolved. If I click yes, I get a blank windo that says "ready" but nothing happens. How did I get this and what do I do about it? Thanks. H*

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search