Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

May 26, 2009, 07:34 AM
    20 weeks Pregnant-In pain!
    I've been having LOTS of pain on my right side... close to my hip for the last 3 days...
    I might just be stretching, but it gets worse as the day goes on. When I bend over to pick something up off the floor it hurts.. When I Pick up my daughter is hurts.
    If I touch the spot it hurts. Is this normal??
    I have a doctors appointment this Friday and an ultrasound next week but if you have any advice to help with the pain until then, that would be great!
    P.s. The baby is still active.
    I have been checked out early in my pregnancy because of this pain, Nothing showed up on ultrasound, but it seems to be getting worse as I get bigger.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 01:25 PM

Have you tried heat on it? Gently stretching in the opposite direction or towards it? Does it hurt less if you move about more slowly? Any sign of constipation? Pain with urination? Any other concerns... fever for example?

Odds are it is stretching of the ligaments, but if it becomes worse, or continues to cause you concern, see about going in earlier to see the doctor. The peace of mind will be worth it.
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

May 26, 2009, 04:11 PM

I have tried a warm cloth and it did seem to help.
    Moving slowly doesn't seem to matter...
    Sometimes It hurts so bad that when I breath out, I feel the pain... Is that normal?
    I had no idea stretching of the ligaments hurt so badly... I keep waiting to see if there is any stretch marks but there is none as of yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant and Pain when I sit [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I have a new and weird symptom. When I sit down I have a sharp pain in my bum... I stand up and I will try to sit again. After about 3 time of trying it finally goes away. Could it be the baby is in a weird position? Also, When I do sit for about 10 minutes...

Pain meds while pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and my doctor has prescribe vitaril until I have the baby. Is it safe for me and more important for my baby?

No Period, not pregnant and pain when peeing? [ 3 Answers ]

I have not had my period in four months and just recently when I was suppose to get it I had gotten a yeast infection and a urine infection. I got treated for both, but now I still itch and I have this weird sensation when I pee like I have to pee a lot but I only pee a little bit and it's a weird...

Pain during pregnant sex [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 6 and a half months pregnant and I am experiancing pain when my husband and I have sex. I have no irregular discharge or bleeding or cramping. It only hurts with the pennetration. The further in he is, the more it hurts. What could it be and do I need to talk to my doctor?

Pain in womb while pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Please could some one help me I have had all the symptons on being pregnant but have not done a test yet as I am only 2 days late I have bben feeling sick and being sick I have had headaches and feeling faint I also have gone off food and it some time make me feel sick when I am cooking I am also...

View more questions Search