Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmeknowtruth Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 04:30 PM
    Getting Involved with a girl who has a boyfriend?
    Hello Everyone,
    So two Fridays ago I went out with my friends to some bars.
    I met a girl there that was friends with one of my friends. She came up to me and we started talking. We were both attracted to one another and we really connected.
    She told me right off the bat that she had a boyfriend, but they lived 6 states apart and she hadn't seen him in 2 months. She told me he has been treating her very badly.
    I 2nd guessed getting her number, but she said "You never know what will happen, we can hang out as friends". We txted each other all week. And decided to make plans. We got together last Friday and I took her out to dinner. We had a great time and great converstation. We talked about family and favorite past moments. She said she missed school dances from grade school, so right away I thought it would be cute to put on some nice music and slow dance with her when we got back to my house.
    So I put some music on and asked her to dance. She said "No", I said why not... she said "Well maybe I want you to kiss me". So we made out. We strictly made of 2 and half hours, with absolutely no intentions of sleeping with each other... but we ended up sleeping together the next morning. We have been talking and making plans to get together again. She even invited me to meet her family at her sisters graduation party next week. She is still with her boyfriend. She said she loves him, but knows she should end. She said she's really confused and doesn't know what to do. She said she's so use to being with him, but knows she isn't happy.
    Advice?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 04:40 PM

Leave her alone until she is single.

Then you are still the potential rebound that gets her back on her feet.

How would you feel if she so casually had sex with someone else while you were together... oh wait, she will when she sees her boyfriend again.

You are the toy. A girl with a boyfriend is OFF LIMITS.

May 25, 2009, 04:52 PM

Yeah I know, she said she is tryna figure things out cause it isn't fair to me. We have a lot of fun together so its hard to let go
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 25, 2009, 05:06 PM

Yeah, don't take advantage of her vulnerable state. Let her figure things out before making another move on her.

Stick to strickly being friends and nothing more. You don't want to be her fling or rebound.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 05:51 PM

If you do manage to "steal" her away from her current boyfriend, history always repeats its self. Someone will come along and "steal" her from you too. I know this first hand experience.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 25, 2009, 08:17 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...-348726-4.html

First you get the crazy texter, now you have the lonely party girl. Keep your wits about you and don't get carried away by feelings, so you can see the games people can play.

Leave the bar girls alone dude. Can't believe that's all the town you live in has to offer.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 08:17 PM

She has a boyfriend so this should have been more of a reason to leave her alone.

OMG she is pulling that "he treats me bad card but I still love him." Please! Can you smell game?

Now she is confused? Sure her boyfriend who she loves and treats her bad leaves 6 states away but you got you to make out with and who is capable to give her attention because her boyfriend can't. Again please! She is having her cake and ice cream and loving it.

I feel bad for her boyfriend because she is up to no good. Why don't you give him a call and ask him "if it is okay for you to date his girlfriend?"

Never consider getting involve with someone that is already taken. It is bad karma. Find someone single and available.

Also, you don't know what type of boyfriend she has because if you watch the news you would see many people have gotten themselve beaten, stabbed, or killed because someone decide to fool around. Wise up!
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 08:34 PM
    I agree with all the other posters. Look, try and think beyond your groin area, I'm sure it's a lot of fun, but she's not being honest with herself, you or him.

Firstly, if she's unhappy with her BF, then she needs to tell him or work it out with him. Surely this is the honorable and respectful thing to do? Would you not expect this treatment if you were the BF?

Secondly, what does this say about her ability to deal with life's difficult situations? Ignore the BF and invite the new 'squeeze' to meet the family at the graduation? Don't kid yourself, you're just the excuse she's using to get out of the current relationship.

Yea, she sounds confused, but she also sounds immature and selfish.

Leave her alone, and let her know you'll talk to her once she's dealt with the mess she's creating in her life. She's trouble with a capital 'T'.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 02:17 AM
    I agree with the others...

She has a BF and is OFF LIMITS! And really, what if you were the unsuspecting BF?

I get that you're having fun, I get that you're enjoying yourself and that you feel that the two of you get along great (for now), but it really is time for a reality check (and yes I believe the people who has posted beofre me gives you a healthy dose of that... )

You really need to stop seeing this girl and let her sort out her own mess! And if she does, you could very well end up as a rebound... and if the two of you do end up getting together (minus the boyfriend 6 states away) then do consider if this is a regular behavior for her (cheating) or if its just with you... in situations like this it really is important to have your head screwed on straight. (for your own sake)

Also the way things are now, either she is a player... or she really is being untruthful to herself, you and the boyfriend!.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 05:44 AM

She has a boyfriend - OFF LIMITS

Then, even if she does end it, what is to stop her from cheating on you if you two do get together?

May 28, 2009, 12:07 PM

Well I talked to her lastnight.
    I told her I can't go on doing this for many reasons. It's not right, it's not fair... She said she is really interested in me and still wants me to go to her sisters graduation. And she also invited me to her sisters dance recital this weekend. It kind of scares me in general for the fact that she always says "I love my bf" And she's always commenting him on his Facebook that she loves him, so why go after me? I just hope all girls don't think that way. Thanks for all the advice... I'm not getting involved with her.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 12:15 PM

Nope, all girls don't think this way. Eventually you will find a truthful and honest girl
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 28, 2009, 12:28 PM

My version of the truth would be to leave her alone and allow her time to finish one relationship before she moves on to another. Set your standards a little higher for yourself and regardless of what you two have jumped in to you need to wait it out and slow it down. If what you want to do is just have a good time then perhaps she's your girl, but if you even remotely think that she could mean anything to you, set your course and your pattern now. Expect her to end it, heal and then move on. Be friends and be supportive.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 10:45 AM

Not all of us think this way. Just like not all guys think this way.

Not all girls are cheaters... what does surprise me with the way she seems to be (from your posts) is that not only is she cheating and wanting the both of you... she is also inviting you to join in on family stuff...

You should seriously stay away from her for your own sake. I'm glad you told her (for you).

So even though there are people like that out there, not everyone is like this! ;)
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

May 29, 2009, 10:56 AM

I think Tal is right about the people you're attracting. What is it about YOU that is drawn to these women with issues like a moth to a flame? Desire to fix/rescue? Keep the focus off what's wrong with you? What is it?

This isn't to be critical but we can all learn a lot about ourselves by looking at the people we are attracted to.
    felgar Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2009, 11:29 AM
    If the girl is underage, don't take advantage of her weaknesses. If she is already an adult, she should know what she is doing.

She is not the right girl to marry, she is not and will not be faithful to her man. Keep away from her, she still has a boyfriend, and she told you about it from the very beginning. You're not far from facing trouble with her boyfriend. There are so many smart girls around.

Jun 5, 2009, 02:45 PM

Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks for everyone's help. I am staying clear of that whole situation. I actually met a nice girl 2 days ago at the mall. We have a date tomorrow night. We are going out to dinner. I will keep you all updated.
    Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting them involved [ 9 Answers ]

My mother has my birth cirtificate and social security card and refuses to give them to me. I am 16 and not living at home with her or my father. I need them to open a bank account and get a picture id and to start my emancipation prosses. Being that they are mine and belong to me if I ask a cop to...

I really like this girl, but an ex is involved [ 6 Answers ]

Im probably a lot younger than a lot of people on here so I hope you all can give me some good hints. Almost 2 months ago I met this girl ( I moved up to college, she moved from another country to this college) she is very beautiful, I love everything about her, and she's a really fun person to be...

How were we involved [ 12 Answers ]

How was the United States involved in WW2?? also when did we get involved??

Should I get involved? [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend is dating my cousin which is also a really good friend of mine. This is my bff's first boyfriend and since I have had a lot she turns to me for advice. Her and my cousin are in a fight and they are both asking me for advice. I don't want to take sides but I really think I should help...

Involved with a Married Man [ 8 Answers ]

I am a single woman age 51 years old, my best friend is a man age 56 who is married with three very young children. We have been friend for 8 years for the past 3 years my feelings have grown into love. This is the best relationship I have ever had, we never argue, we think and feel the same way...

View more questions Search