Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boyohboy Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Oct 3, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Bank
    [I]In what case do creditors go after your bank account? Is it the fairly large debt owed or any?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2006, 12:01 PM
    Depends on the creditor, the bank, the amount etc. If it's a very small debt it may not be worth the cost of collecting it. But as long as the cost of collecting is less then the amount that can be recovered they will probably go ahead.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2006, 03:34 PM
    I will agree with Scott. Each company will have its own rules, but often if they are going to get a judgement and they already know your bank account info from your credit reports ( banks now run reports normally when you open accounts) of even from their records if you paid them by check.

As a land lord I have often done it for 500.00 even though it cost to do it, I would have rather paid the para legal for their time than let the person cheat me out of the money
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2006, 06:50 PM
    Creditors can go after your bank account once they've received a judgement against you authorizing them to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attachment of bank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in freeze vs attach a bank account? Under what conditions can this be done? Is there any fore warning when this is to be done? What are the ways to get around this saga?

Bank interest [ 3 Answers ]

The interest my bank is paying is pitiful. I have heard that there are online banks which give a much higher percentage than what I am receiving locally. How does one find a reliable bank like that and how would I get started? We invested in a Federal Agency step up note<?> which is paying 3+%...

Bank problems [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a couple of watercraft from my father-in-law last year. I paid off the loan to the WF bank at that time, and never received the titles. Since the titles were in his name he was the one that requested the titles be sent. Nothing ever happened. Fast forward one year later, my...

Bank Reconciliation help [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of doing a bank reconciliation in Great Plains accounting software. However, the checkbook is very messy; checks that were dated in 2002 are still in the system. So there is no way I can reconcile, unless I have to clean up all those messes and start fresh. My goal...

SIGH why should I even have a bank? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been working for years I am 20 but I can't seem to save any money every time I put money in the bank my bills seem to suck it back out it feels almost like my bank is a big safe "wallet" how can I get out of this way of life work to be broke is this the fate of just me or do other people feel...

View more questions Search