Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FJHarris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 02:43 PM
    Program PC Center ran in a user area on startup, not working now.
    A program called PC Center ran on startup in one of the user areas on my PC, Vista 64.
    It seemed to do a scan and when it finished, I closed it and the user area went blank and now will not come up. The other user is OK - can't find the exe - PC.exe. Not really sure what info to give, the second user area is a black screen, task manager will come up, but nothing else... Help?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 03:14 PM

What do you see in Task Manager under the "Processes" tab?

I can't find a program named "PC Center" on the web. Can you give more information about that program?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 08:48 PM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

What OS?

Check startup items
    -Start, run, type msconfig and hit Enter
    -Go to startup tab
    -Look down list of items there for your program and if it is there, make sure you have a check there, if not, check it and click Apply and restart

Was it preinstalled with system or something installed at a later date if info did not help out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interactive C++ program that inputs a series of 12 temperatures from the user. [ 2 Answers ]

Interactive C++ program that inputs a series of 12 temperatures from the user.

Working out the chest area [ 1 Answers ]

What are some good exercises that can be done to work out the pecks? Any supplements that can boost it a little faster?

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

View more questions Search