Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdales Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Washer Not Spinning
    Please help. I have a Kenmore Washer machine that is not spinning. It is model #110.28922791. Can anybody please help?
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

May 25, 2009, 06:13 PM

If the motor is not running or trying to run when you turn the dial to "spin" it is probably the lid switch or actuator
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 10:22 PM

Bdales - AND POKEFAN7790 - on the motor there are two soleniolds , one is what controls the agiator and the other controls the spin funcition;; and if one is bad the book says to replace both at the same time ;; on some modles they are internal in the motor and you have to take it off and to a repair shop,to be repaired ; {IF} hers is not one of these then you can test them with a volt ohm meter ,one at a time ;;; { ON how to test the soleniolds;; {#1]- SET THE VOLT OHM METER TO THE RX100 SCALE;; (#2) turn off the power to the washer, remove the back panel and underneath the tub ,where the motor is on it you will find the soleniolds;;{ #3-} NOW
    REMOVE ONE OF THE WIRES COMEING TO IT < NOW CLIP THE METER PROBES TO THE WIRE TERMINALS:: IF THE METER READS 250 to 1000 ohms then the soleniold is good ;if it reads higher then the soleinold is defective ; needs replaced ;;[ #4-] HOOK THE WIRE YOU TOOK OFF BACK UP AND TEST THE OTHER SOLENIOLD THE SAME WAY<::REMEMBER THAT IF ONE IS BAD TO REPLACE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME ::: IF THE SOLEINOLDS ARE BOTH GOOD THEN HEER IS SOME OTHER POSSIBLE CAUSE:: #1- WAH LOAD UNBALANCED OR TUB IS OVERLOADED:: #2- LID Safety SWITCH IS OUT OF ADJUSTMENT <DEFECTIVE < OR BROKEN::{ #3--}
    DRIVE BELT IS LOOSE AND SLIPPING OR BROKEN ::{#4-] BASKET JAMMED BY CLOTHING CAUGHET UNDER NEATH IT;;{#5}TIMER
    IS DEFECTIVE:: THESE ARE THE OTHER ITEMS THAT WILL NEED TO BE TESTED IF IT IS NOT THE SOLENIOLDS:: IT CAN BE DONE BY Using THE VOLT OHM METER:: IF YOU NEED THE INFORMATION ON HOW JUST HOLLER BACK ON THIS POST :: GOOD LUCK SAND GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer not spinning [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool washer that will not spin. It will adgitate and drain the water, but during all cycles it will not spin. What may be the problem.

Washer not spinning-what's up? [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a "fixer-upper" house and there was a washing machine in there that seemed to work fine the first time I used it. After that, the spin cycle would start to spin, but fizzled out and stopped spinning. The water still drains out, but I am wondering how or what to repair to get it to...

GE washer not spinning [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE washer that will not engage and spin through it's normal cycle. It completes the cycle, the pump drains all the water but it will not spin. All other parts of the cycle seem OK. L not start again. I would like to look inside but am unsure how to make my way in to this machine. Does the...

View more questions Search