Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 5, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle View Post
    AMRCNJCKJOSH -THE answer to your question ; is it vauleable ? -{YES } IT SOUNDS TO ME THAT IT IS ONE OF THE NOTES THAT IS PRINTED ANDIS MESSED UP AND THEY ARE CALLED [ERROR NOTES] YUO WOPULD BE SURPRIZEDF HOW MANY IN ALL DIFFERENT DENOMINATIONS AND THE DIFFERENT WAYS THEY ARE MISS PRINTED;; LIKE THERE ARE SOME THAT ARE PRINTED WITH ONE SIDE PRINTED AS A 410.00 bill and the other side is a $20.00 bill; ONE SIDE IS UPRIGHT AND THE OTHER SIDE IS UPSIDE DOWN:: ONE SIDE IS PRINTED RIGHT AND SAY THE FACE SIDE HAS THE PRINTING OF THE BACK SIDE ALSO :: I HOPE YOU CAN GET A PICTURE OF FRONT AND BACK POSTED :: IN THE MEAN TIME SEND ME WHAT YOU CSAN OFF THE FRONT AND BACK SIDES : WHAT PICTURE IS ON THE FRIONT :: THE SIGNATURESTHE DATE WITH THE LETTER FOLLOWINGIT >COLOR OF THE SEAL:: IS THERE A STAR BEFORE OR AFTER THE SERIAL NUMBER;; across the top in center of the note [what TYPE OF NOTE IS IT ??? {A SILVER CERTIFICATE?? A FEDERAL RESERVE BANK NOTE ?? : A LEGAL TENDER NOTE ?? OR WHAT???? I MAY BE ABLE TO IDEIFY THE BILL THIS WAY ::WHAT DENOMINATION OF THE NOTE???: A $1.00$5.00 OR WHAT ??? WAITING YOUR REPLY :: HAVE A BETTER TOMORROW AND GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.
    FBE. Who are you so angry at that you have to yell? LOSE THE CAPS! Tom
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 08:13 PM

SpeedBall1- Not yelling at no one ;It's just that I never learned to type, they didn't even teach it at that time ,but I'm trying ;;I type the old way called {chicken picken } with one finger{BUT IM TRYING } other wise how you doing ,OK I hope ::Have a great day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 08:20 PM

Amrcnjckjosh - I ORDERED THE BOOK THREW AMAZON <got it today and been looking threw it ,but I haven't found yours yet;; I also contacted a dealer that I know up in MICHIGAN and he deals real big in this type currency and I hope I gety the answer IM hoping for by tomorrow night -- have a great day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Hey FBE, Is the two bits link right? OH, EXCUSE ME, IS THE TWO BITS LINK RIGHT? (HA HA.)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2009, 01:02 PM

Hi, Flying Blue Eagle!

It is much more legible if you don't use all capital letters. I've been thinking for awhile about telling you about that, but was waiting for a time when it would be the most polite way to do it.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 08:04 PM

CLOUGH - thanks for the info. . the last two days I have been trying to watch the caps lock ; Not a bit upset ; correction makes perfect sooner or latter ; Have a great day and God Bless ;;your friend F>B>E>
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 08:20 PM

Jmjoseph - NO ,but here is the real answer;; In colonial americantimes,the coin most widelyaccepted was the spanish colonial 8 reales and its fractional parts of 4,2,1,and 1/2 reals. Sometimes an 8 reals coin was physically cut into pieces and used in daily transactions. The smallest piece was called a "bit" and was equal to 1/8 of the spanish milled dollar of 121/2 cent , making two of the pieces equivalent to 25 cents. Therefore, the expression " two bits " is also known as a slang term for "quarter-dollar;; I found this in the history part of the us mint under "historical information;; ;Have a great day and God Bless;; F.B.E.
    amrcnjckjosh Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 12:12 AM

Thank you Flying Blue Eagle!
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2009, 09:36 PM

Amrcnjckjosh -You are so very welcome , I really enjoy going to difgferent places on the web like the mint and go to the historical part, you'd be surprised what you can learn about coins and paper currency:: have a great day and GOD BLESS ; F.B.E.
    Good ervening clough ::
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 09:45 PM

Ahhhh... That looks so much better, Flying Blue Eagle! Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 11:06 PM

Clough- thank you so much ,I'm still trying ,just not as fast, who said that you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks ; have a good night and a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS;; F.B.E.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 07:01 PM
    FBE, the wikipedia link I posted was the same answer as your description. Why did you say no?
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 10:21 PM

jmjoseph - Because I was going by what the mint had written on that subject in the historical history at the mint;; have a great day and GOD BLESS;; F.B.E. Ps I can give you the E-mail for them if you want it ,let
    Me know
    amrcnjckjosh Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 11:07 AM

Did anyone find a value for the dollar bill I have?
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Hi again, amrcnjckjosh!

I will try to help you the best that I can. I'm not sure what has happened with Flying Blue Eagle. I'm very concerned about him, since he hasn't been on this site in awhile. I do have some contact information for him, but it's in another computer that is having a big problem. I will try to contact him.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misprinted $1 bill [ 5 Answers ]

How do I find out if the $1 bill I have is worth more than $1? It has not been in circulation & is still in great condition. The seals that should appear on the front are imprinted on the Back & the serial number that should be on front is on the back,

Two Dollar bill [ 3 Answers ]

Very simple Question I have several two dollar bills are they at all worth more than just the face value that is are they worth more than Two Dollars each curious thanks Ron Snyder

2 dollar bill [ 2 Answers ]

How much is a 1928 2 dollar bill with the red seal on it

Misprinted dollar bill? [ 7 Answers ]

Do the front of the bill and the back have to line up? The bill I have is offset when viewed up to the light. Is this common? Ace

View more questions Search