Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kered Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2006, 08:35 AM
    Catheterization - Erection
    I've been diagnosed with an enlarged prostate and will have to have some urodynamic testing done. I have a big problem with getting erections when naked with people around. I'm totally stressed about this even more than the pain. Even though I know this is not going to be pleasant, I'm sure to be getting an erection. Even if it is just before they start and the pain starts, I'll be waiting for them just thinking about it and am sure I'll have one when they come in to start. Can they even do it if I have an erection? I though that an erection closed off something to the bladder so the sperm did not get mixed with urine. What if they are in the middle of it and the erection comes? Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2006, 09:38 AM
    Ask your Dr. to give you a couple Xanax to take before you go in. They will calm you down and probably prohibit you from getting one. Just tell your Dr. you are very anxious over it and she/he will probably give you a 2 pill prescription no problem.

You are not alone. I know that tip for a reason. ;) If my Dr. visit involves being depansed, I start with a couple Xanax.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2006, 11:30 AM
    I understand your dilemma. I am going to suggest that you ask for 5mg of valium or 1/2 mg of Klonopin instead of Xanax. Xanax can be highly addictive upon taking the FIRST pill for some folks. Plus, it is known to have some nasty side-effects.

Now for your dilemma. No, they cannot do a cath procedure when you have an erection. Just understand that the erection is actually quite normal. This happens to many men. If it happens to you they will wait until the erection subsides and then try again, and again if they have to.

So, just know that you are normal in that respect and the docs and nurses have been trained in this area. Actually, putting a penile cath was my first lab practice. We learn how to deal with this very early on.

Good luck to you, and I hope all goes well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Erection - 15 years old [ 23 Answers ]

:-[ I'm 15 years old nearly 16 and too often I become erected, without thinking about sex or women it just happens, all the time like 10 times aday, maybe more and it often happens at the worst possible times too like out with friends or in class Is there something wrong? Please help

Erection problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I'm 15 years old and am having erection problems. Me and my girlfriend have just started having sex and its been difficult. We have to use foreplay to get me erected,usually oral pleasure. After I'm erected it usually doesn't last that long after I put the condom on. Its not that hard to get an...

Too frequent erection! [ 26 Answers ]

Hi Well I've scoured the internet and I can't find help with my problem. Basially I am 28 years old and find that I get too easily sexually aroused! I'm expecting all the following posts to say that I am lucky but it is actually a real problem. I go swimming a lot now to get used to being around...

View more questions Search