Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suttaa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    -

Mar 22, 2003, 12:22 PM
    Java programming
    Read the following statements and explain why it is either true or false
    1. The garbage collection mechanism is platform dependent
    2.you can suggest when garbage collection will run but you cannot be certain when it will take place.
    3.a reference to a primitative variable is eligble for garbage collection when it is set to null.
    4.the automtic garbage collection of java virtual machine prevents programs from ever running out of memory.
    Shoreside_Vale Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2003, 07:03 AM
    java programming
    Could have at least posted it in Technology and the Web

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C programming [ 2 Answers ]

I'll be extremely thankful if u could provide me with a c program that convert a given nfa to dfa

Java/Windows Programming [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to see whether it is possible to interact with windows through java. I have a RMI program that is installed on several computers in a network. I want to see when a user is in the idle stage i.e. no key pressing & no mosue moving etc.. If the program is running, I think the program can...

C programming [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help from you regarding a particular problem. I am using libnet raw packet library (libnet_build_ethernet) for transferring data over the network. For this, I have to first convert all the data to u_char type and then serialize them to contiguous memory locations. Can...

Java programming [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am running a java program. I want to see the Heap memory used for that program. How to see it?

Java programming [ 1 Answers ]

Read the following statements and explain why it is either true or false 1. The garbage collection mechanism is platform dependent 2.you can suggest when garbage collection will run but you cannot be certain when it will take place. 3.a reference to a primitative variable is eligble for...

View more questions Search