Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 12:26 AM
    First Father's Day with Boyfriend, need ideas.
    HI there,

This is my first father's day dating a father. I haven't the slightest clue what to do for father's day. Do I plan something for him and his daughter to do together? Just him? Is it appropriate for me to attend? What are some good father's day ideas for a 27 yr old?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 12:57 AM

Whatever you do don't take him out to eat because all of the restaurants will be pack.

For Father's Day, depending on the weather, I plan on cooking my fiancé favorite food followed by his favorite desert.

Since he likes to bowl we are going to bowling and the kids are going tag along too.

I am going give a card along with some Giant's stuff since this is his favorite football team.
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:02 AM

He's a chef, so my cooking is nothing special. We all know that. LOL. I was thinking of where to take him and what to do. I was actually thinking of a restaurant. We can make reservations, I don't care if its packed. But I'm just out of ideas. Although I already know what I'm getting him as a gift from his daughter and myself.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 01:13 AM

Hi, Momma!

Are there going to be any of his other relatives, besides his daughter, involved in the Father's Day activities?

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:19 AM

Nope, just the three of us. That's why I'm the one responsible for planning something special.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 01:25 AM

Well, what about something fun for the child and the three of you? If it were me, I would tend to plan to go to something that might be child-oriented.

Father's day ='s kids, at least in my mind.

What do you think?

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:26 AM

Well yeah, but I can't think of what.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 01:31 AM

Okay, finding a restaurant or him or you, for that matter, isn't a problem. So, the question is what sort of kid thing might be appropriate for the three of you.

Any theme parks nearby? Carnival? Rides that might happen all year round? Special movies happening? Kid-oriented restaurant?

I'm thinking here...

I'm sure that you catch my drift!
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:33 AM

Yes, but this is HIS day, not hers. He won't be into Amusement parks. I want to do something nice for him that's from me and her.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 01:37 AM

If you were around here, I would get together with you and show you how the three of you could make a simple, but very nice musical instrument together!

I would love to be involved!

I've made over a thousand thumb pianos with kids in schools and churches. They're worth anywhere from $60.00 to $80.00 each.

No child has ever had to pay any money for one.

Anything artful happening in your area where the three of you could participate in doing something artful together?
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:39 AM

Not that I know of. He's not an art person. Doesn't care. He enjoys cooking, camping, and pretty much anything outdoors.
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:43 AM

I'm not trying to shoot down all of your ideas, but this is the problem that I am having as well. It's difficult to figure out what to do..
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 01:44 AM

Okay, it's getting warmer. Any chance of you going on a camping trip or maybe fishing excursion together?
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:47 AM

He doesn't fish. I really wish that we could go camping. But this has got to be a one day event as we both work the day before, day of, and day after. We just recently went to a beerfest and he had tons of fun, but that's not really kid friendly. Well, at all... lol.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 01:52 AM

Hot air balloon ride!

What do you think? It's kind of popular around where I live. It would certainly be a memorable event!
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:56 AM

He HATES heights. Has never even flown, never will... That'd be a great gift for me though!
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:06 AM

I remember when my daughter came back from California a number of years ago and we were at a restaurant/bar. She was showing me pictures of things that were going on in her life.

At the point that she was showing me one of the pictures, she says, "And, oh, by the way, that's me 3,000 feet in the air!"

Someone had taken a picture of her as she was skydiving. She wanted it to be a surprise me, and it certainly was!

All I could say was, "Well, I guess that you've got one up on me now, Beth!"

There's no way that I'm going to go skydiving.

What things does your boyfriend like and like to do, please?

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:11 AM

He's an outdoorsy person, he loves loves loves cooking, he likes to be at the beach, on the dunes and/or in his truck.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:18 AM

You know, it doesn't have to be something really fancy for the three of you. It would be nice if it was special and something unusual. But, that's not really necessary.

Do you spend time with his daughter alone?
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:21 AM

Yeah, I work nights and he works days so she's hanging out with me all day unless she's at school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift Ideas for Boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend loves theatre, coffee,foreign language and culture, reading and building (mostly sets for theatre productions. ) Does anyone have any good gift ideas?Something original.Not just theater tickets, a tool set ,or something.

Son has father's last name [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 20 year old single mother of a 2 year old little boy and when he was born I gave my son his father's last name thinking the father was going to be in his son's life. Turns out... he isn't and I want to change my son's last name. The father isn't coming around unless it is on his time and his...

Gift ideas for my boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is turning 18 and I need some ideas on what to get him. He says he doesn't want anyhting but we all know that's a lie. I need gift ideas. Got any?

How do I get father's parenting rights taken away, so my boyfriend can adopt my child [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 6 years and the father of my 2 year old wants to adopt my 9 month old daughter. My boyfriend and I split up for a few months and I was with someone else, got pregnant. 2 weeks after the baby was born, her biological father took off. He has contacted me once when she was 3 months...

Gift Ideas For Boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend loves theatre, coffee,foreign language and culture, reading and building (mostly sets for theatre productions. ) Does anyone have any good gift ideas?Something original.Not just theater tickets, a tool set ,or something.

View more questions Search