Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:24 AM

How about making a special card for him with her on a computer and then just taking a long ride in his truck?

You could plan the route.

(I'm still hunting here! )
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:24 AM

This is the first year that he's had full custody of her, so I kind of want to make it special...
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:25 AM
    LOL. Yeah, I want to do something a little more special than that.
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:26 AM

We live in Vancouver, Washington (which is about a ten minute drive from Portland, Oregon) if that helps.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:28 AM

How is the wind speed out there, this time of the year?
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:29 AM
    It's windy here all year long. What did you have in mind?
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:33 AM

Kite flying! You and his daughter could get, or even make, a special kite, maybe put some designs on it that the two of you do together and then the three of you fly the kite, (or, more than one) together. Father's day sayings and designs could be on the kite.

Of course, this being after you've had your wonderful meal together that either he has prepared or the three of you have prepared together.
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:34 AM

I'll think of something. He wouldn't be interested in that at all. I know we'll go out to dinner. I just need an activity for us.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:47 AM

You know, you could always spend time with me here writing a song together! I've gotten it to the point that people can actually hear what I've written.

Actually, I'm serious about that!

If you would like to do something like that, I would be glad to help you!

Not much for me really going on for Father's Day. Daughter is in California and my son is kind of estranged from me. Although, when we get together, we do get along.

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:50 AM

I'm not a writer, at all. But thanks.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:55 AM

But, you know what! I could help you to be one! Everyone can do something like that.

If you can walk, you can dance! If you talk, you can sing! The thing is, that we're not all born with a Stradivarius for and instrument. But, we can all do the same things.

If I was your age right now, I wouldn't be able to write very much on this site. It would be going very slowly for me. With practice, through the years, I can now write volumns.

Before, I would have never considered myself to be a writer or even any kind of singer. Now, I know that I can do both.

The offers always there!

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 02:57 AM

Thank you.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:58 AM

You're welcome! Please take me up on it sometime! It could be a good way for you to bond with his daughter!
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 03:00 AM

I don't like to write, it's not something that I enjoy. Never have. I'm more crafty. Crocheting, knitting, painting.. that sort of thing. So is she. Those are the things that we do together.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 03:02 AM

I'm going to start that new craft thread yet! I've already got some new images of things that I've done.

So, why not something crafty with them that could be done in less than a days time?
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 03:04 AM

Cause he's not into crafts, he'd be bored to death.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 03:13 AM

What are something's that he enjoys doing? Start there!
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    What are somethings that he enjoys doing? Start there!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    He's an outdoorsy person, he loves loves loves cooking, he likes to be at the beach, on the dunes and/or in his truck.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 07:13 AM

Sorry I missed that post.

Do they have boat rides for you to go on? I love to go on Circle Line just for the view.

What about a pinic? At the beach or park? You can get some outdoors games to play at any store.

I am still thinking of some other things.
    Vision Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:10 PM

Yeah, I want something to do that's special. We have a weekend boat, so that won't get his jollies off. LOL. I'm sttiiilllll thinking, too. Glad I thought to think early!

I just want to apologize, I don't want it to seem like I'm just turning down all ideas. I just want this to be really really special for him because it IS his first Father's Day that he's had full custody of her, she just moved in with us. So I want it to be as special as can be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift Ideas for Boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend loves theatre, coffee,foreign language and culture, reading and building (mostly sets for theatre productions. ) Does anyone have any good gift ideas?Something original.Not just theater tickets, a tool set ,or something.

Son has father's last name [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 20 year old single mother of a 2 year old little boy and when he was born I gave my son his father's last name thinking the father was going to be in his son's life. Turns out... he isn't and I want to change my son's last name. The father isn't coming around unless it is on his time and his...

Gift ideas for my boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is turning 18 and I need some ideas on what to get him. He says he doesn't want anyhting but we all know that's a lie. I need gift ideas. Got any?

How do I get father's parenting rights taken away, so my boyfriend can adopt my child [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 6 years and the father of my 2 year old wants to adopt my 9 month old daughter. My boyfriend and I split up for a few months and I was with someone else, got pregnant. 2 weeks after the baby was born, her biological father took off. He has contacted me once when she was 3 months...

Gift Ideas For Boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend loves theatre, coffee,foreign language and culture, reading and building (mostly sets for theatre productions. ) Does anyone have any good gift ideas?Something original.Not just theater tickets, a tool set ,or something.

View more questions Search