Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sensor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2003, 04:35 AM
    Nigel Plasiarism (Cheating)
    Hello,
    I have a real silly problem.
    This semester I took A political science course with an english professor called Nigel Parsons. I attended every single class, I got 3 B's in three midterm exams, I got a B+ in the first assignment paper, my average grade for this course was a B. he gave us a final assignment 2 days just before the ending of the semester. It was a two pages long paper about the political system in EGYPT. In the paper, I put a paragraph from a webcite as it is. ( Copied and Pasted it). I did not put quotation marks or cited the info. I forgot. He thought I cheated and did not cite the source. So he flunked me the whole course. This last assignment was only worth 10 % of the whole grade. I tried to tell him to give me an F in the paper and consider the other grades through out the semester but he's not givig me any chance. I really studied hard for this course, I hate politics, I can't repeat the course again, it was so broing. Please any suggestions on how can I convince him to change my grade.
    Thanks,
    Sheriff, 21-year-old Junior student at the American University in Cairo, Egypt.
    Abro83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2004, 04:11 AM
    Re: Nigel Plasiarism (Cheating)
    Hey,

Unfortunately there is not much you can do. Even though you did not mean to plagiarise, you did.

You are very lucky you just failed the course. At my university, you can be suspended or even have your degree terminated.

The best you can do, is learn from the experience.. and cite everything and anything you use.

Good luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheating [ 28 Answers ]

Hi.. I am looking for some advice on what path to take in my life right now. I am 27 married and have a 1 year old little girl with my husband. I recently found out that he cheated on me when he was deployed to Japan. When I found out at first he said that they were just friends and that's all,...

Cheating [ 7 Answers ]

A couple nights ago my girl was naked she bent over and air came out of her vagina. Does that mean she had intercourse that day

Is she cheating? [ 28 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 18 months has been acting differently ever since we moved into our new house. I get ss disability and do not work, she works about 10 miles away. We have only one vehicle between us so I am alone at home all day, cooking and cleaning. Anymore she leaves me here alone even after...

Cheating? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a friend back home that called me earlier today and I thought I might ask her question here since I know what wonderful feedback I can get. Ok so here's her situation, She has recently been having a "gut feeling" that something isn't right in her relationship with her hubby. They have...

Is he cheating?! [ 8 Answers ]

I have a question... OK my boyfriend as far as I know has never cheated on me, but now I have this weird feeling that he has or wants to cheat on me its really odd. Here's the questions: How do I know if he is? Should I ask him? If he is what should I do? He says he wants someone...

View more questions Search