Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadiiC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 07:10 PM
    10 days late on menstraul cycle and on the mirena. Could I be pregnant?
    Hi iam new to this so be a lil patient with me thanks.
    Ummmmm okay to start off iam 22 years old and iam having a problem okay on september 4 of 2008 which would be like about 9 months ago, i had the mirena inserted because i was having a hormonial inbalance which mirena soo far has corrected it..Well i start my menstraul cyle on 15 of every month which last up to 6-7 days long as usuall, well this month 5-24-09 i have not yet to recieve my menstraul iam 10 days late which is very rare because iam never late especially when they just put me on th mirena to control my hormones and menstrual cycle...iam currently dating my boyfriend and we be together for about 1 1/2 years and we do have unprotected sex.I have not taken any hpt yet,Because alot of people are telling me its very rare to get pregnant on the mirena which i totally understand cause mirena is supposed to prevent pregnancies...I don't feel pregnant..I have no children of my own, but i was pregnant befroe and ended up having a misscarriage...do u think i still can get pregnant while on the mirena? or could it be that something else is wrong with me? its just weird to me cause this nevered happen to me before all my menstrauls were always on time....well thanking for reading my blog i really appreciate it......iam just worried...should i buy a hpt? or wait it out? i think iam gonna give it 2 more weeks...thanks again:confused:
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 06:44 AM

It won't hurt to try a test. You can get pregnant while on any form of birth control... none are 100% effective all the time for everyone including IUDs. If you get a negative, then see what happens when your next period is due. If still no period, see your doctor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2009, 06:58 AM

Of course it is very possible, no method of birth control is 100 percent. But a test never hurts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8 days late with menstral cycle [ 11 Answers ]

Istarted the mini pill for the first time on Apr1. When I realized that I didn't need the pill just yet I stopped taking the pill Apr2. My last normal menses was Apr1 through Apr7. I restarted the same pack of pills on Apri11, I had unprotected sex from Apr14 all the way to Apr17, which is where...

3 days late, no cycle in site [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here, not really used to using the site. I apologize if this has already been posted. If there is please direct me to topic:) My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on 3/14, my period was due on 3/16. I spotted... literally one spot on 3/17. Now I have discharge and that's it. I felt...

Cycle was 9 Days late [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this, I am 25 yrs old and I have a 5yr old son. Me and my husband have been trying for about 2 years now since we lost our second child. My monthly was last on Nov. 26, 2007 and it was suppose to start again on Dec 24 , 2007 but I did not see any thing until Jan 3 , 2008 it started...

Menstraul cycle [ 1 Answers ]

After having your tube tied does it make your cycle irregular

View more questions Search