Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobross Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 06:09 PM
    Foreclosure for sale with existing lien. Any way around it?
    Hello All,
    I am a first time home buyer (deep breath), and have been looking around with a friend who's a real estate agent. During my searches I found a house that seemed too good to be true. It's in a great neighborhood, has a lot of land, and was dirt cheap. After doing some digging I found that there are liens on the property totaling up to about $800K! Apparently this property used to be used for business purposes and the company ran up a lot of debt then went bankrupt (or so the story goes... ). My question is this; the house has been foreclosed and empty for a very long time and I don't see why anyone would pay close to a million dollars to get it back on the market. Is there any way to get the liens lifted/waived/etc..

This may seem like a naïve question, but I'd rather ask and get a negative answer than not know at all.

Thanks in advance for the input
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2009, 06:15 PM

Has the back done the foreclosure, and were there other liens. If it already sold at the foreclosure sale it may have cleared the liens. You need to hire a real estate attorney to review this after you talk to the bank
    ForeclosureHelp Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Jun 8, 2009, 04:23 PM

If the property went to Sheriff Sale all liens will be cleared unless there is clout in the title and that is why the property is sitting vacant.

All you have to do is do a title search to see who owns the property at your local courthouse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure sale date [ 1 Answers ]

It is possible to find out if my property has been auctioned.

Lien on home in foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I live in the state of Florida. My house is in the early stages of foreclosure(maybe 2-3 months left). My condo association has placed a lien on my home for 2500.00 for past due fees.I have filed bankruptcy and am giving up the home. I owe way much more on the home than it is worth now so there...

What best fit for me Foreclosure, Short Sale, Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I bought home at 2003 in 2005 took equity from this home and bought two another homes. Now I have big problem I could not sale these homes and don't have more power to pay mortgages. Price goes down and is much less than I have paid for these homes. I would like leave for my old home which I...

Foreclosure, Short Sale, or Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I bought home about 2 years ago for 570k now price have dropped to 470K or less. I hove no more power to pay for this home. I stop my pyments. What is better for me Foreclosure, Short Sale, or Bankruptcy and how it will be effect for me? I will be need to pay difference ( about 60-70K) between...

View more questions Search