Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmiller0852 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Wisdom tooth extraction
    Thursday I had my lower right wisdom tooth pulled and it's been 3 days later and I'm still in pain. I'm on amoxicillan and 2 other pain relievers and still in pain. I don't have dry socket cause I do have clot in socket. Any suggestions or how long I will feel like this for? Thanks.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 08:38 PM

You should mostly be healed in about 2 weeks. It's normal to experience pain the first several days however you should notice that the pain is lessening. Rinse with warm salt water for about 5 minutes several times a day to help with the healing.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 12:16 PM

Right on nickosmom! Rinse gently with warm salt water several times a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tired, Dizzy and Down after Wisdom Tooth Extraction [ 11 Answers ]

I had my upper wisdom tooth extracted last Monday (17/03) under a local anaesthetic, following nearly a week of intense pain which my friend, a dentist, initially thought was due to an abscess of or peridonitis. Before it was found to be tooth decay (he did not x-ray my teeth as he was on holiday...

AGONY with wisdom teeth extraction-is it ever going to end? [ 4 Answers ]

Got 3 wisdom teeth out on march 29th. I have been to my oral surgeon 5 times since my first follow up a few days after my surgery because of increasing pain. The first time I went he said I was fine, even though I told him that I had been in complete pain, he sent be home with a syringe to irrigate...

What type of pain should I be experiencing after wisdom tooth extraction? [ 3 Answers ]

I got all four of my wisdom teeth out five days ago. The first day I slept a lot and it wasn't bad and the second day I was feeling pretty great. On the third and fourth day pain started to worsen and today it is terrible. This morning I woke up with blood in my mouth and all of my teeth are sore...

Fever Following a Wisdom Tooth Extraction [ 5 Answers ]

I had a wisdom tooth extracted this Monday. Starting Tuesday, a fever started to develop. I was put on Amoxicillin after the surgery, so I was happy that I was taking it in case of any infection problems. The infection is now lingering today (Saturday morning). I have no real pain except for a...

Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Can I Use A Straw? [ 7 Answers ]

First thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out. I feel bad calling my dentist to ask such a simple question he probably told me the answer to when I was still not all the way there. My two upper wisdom teeth were pulled 5 days ago in a simple extraction. Both had...

View more questions Search