Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WebsterNYRemode Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Underground Electrical Service Entrance
    I am thinking of having the electrical service entrance buried when a backhoe is on site to install a new water service. 200A service. 142' pole to meter. Would use PVC conduit full length. Correct size and designation of wire? Correct size of PVC conduit? Info needed to price materials. I would hope to install conduit and wire myself (fairly accomplished with electrical work) and have neighbor electrician make the connection at the meter. Power company does disconnect/reconnect/installation at pole.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 24, 2009, 02:27 PM
    I would use 2" PVC and 4/0 URD cable.
    You are describing a very typical install.
    WebsterNYRemode Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 07:50 PM

Stanfortyman,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service entrance cable size for 100 amp and 200 amp service. [ 16 Answers ]

I would like to know what size aluminum sec I would need for 100 or 200 amp service

Service Entrance [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to build a garage in my backyard and would lilke to run undergroung electrical service from my house to the new garage. I would like to have 60 amps. And 220v available in the garage. The distance between the two buildings is 145' I believe the whole run will be 175' from the house...

Service entrance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm putting in a 200 amp meter on my barn. I also am putting a 100 amp service panel inside I was wondering if I can use a #2 aluminum for my service entrance. Lowe's sell this as service entrance and I was just wondering if I was right by doing this. Thanks for any help.

Service entrance [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to find out what the amp rating of a service to a house is . The fuse box is old with edison base fuses, but the weather head and pipe to the meter cradel looks newer want to change to beaker panel Not sure what size

View more questions Search