Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    careagan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Looking for a movie involving Pirates (?)
    Ok I'm going to give the best description of this movie I can, I rented it from albertson's as a young kid in the early 90s. It involved a kid who lived with his powerchair bound grandpa in a foresty area. He went to a school where he was considered a bad student, his teacher had pictures of birds to associate with the kids progress, and this kid was considered a dodo, the worst one. The teacher compared him to a girl who was a much better student (I think she was an eagle level student). Anyway, this kid gets sent to some sort of boardinghouse/child prison on the advice of his teacher where the only thing to do is read the bible. The kid finds the girl student there, and they escape on a boat to a pirate island (I think in search of treasure) where they are trailed by the teacher and the bumbling principal. I think pirates set traps for the adults/ help the kids to freedom. That's all I can remember really, but here's some other details:

-There was a scene where the grandpa had trouble at his home because the kid was gone, it was really sad actually.
    -There was also a scene where the principal is playing with pirate toys, only to be discovered and reprimanded by the fun hating teacher.

I know these details are kind of scattered, some could be wrong. I was like 3 or 4 when I watched this, but I really want to see it again.
    Thank you for any help!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

May 24, 2009, 03:11 PM

Sounds like George's Island 1991: Movie and film review from Answers.com
    careagan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 05:25 PM

That's totally it, thanks Quinn!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

May 24, 2009, 05:31 PM

You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's movie involving a termite. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Like everyone else I have a movie in mind that I can't remember the title to. I went on one of those nostalgic 90's movie days and dug up a lot of old movies, such as Never Ending Story, Once Upon a Forest, Secret of NIMH, Little Nemo, etc. But there is one movie I've been trying...

80's or 90's cartoon movie about pirates in space. [ 4 Answers ]

I've been trying to find the name of this old cartoon for a long time now. From what I remember there is a pirate ship (made of wood and sialed via sails) that traverses space. In the particular scene in my mind they are in some sort of asteroid field and I believe there are fungus like growth...

Cartoon movie from 80's, sea monster, pirates. [ 1 Answers ]

I used to watch this one cartoon film with my sister when we were little in the late 80's early 90's and we are trying to remember what it was. This movie had a boy who went into a gottage and there was somekind of swirl hole in the floor and when he jumped there he got into another world....

What movie name? Movie type: adventure/ treasure/ pirates [ 1 Answers ]

Movie type: adventure/ treasure/ pirates Begins in the winter, a boys father is asked to return as a sailor on a ship; the boy decides to go in place of his dad. The boy is joined by two family friends, an older young man (character name might be Jense) and a young woman. The boy becomes...

Looking for a movie involving a cheating boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie from 5 to 10 years ago, I think. I was set in a high school, there were three main charecters. Two of them were a guy and girl who were going out, but the guy started cheating on her with a younger gire, for some reason I think she was 15. Then the girl he is cheating...

View more questions Search