Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jatt_in_manila Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 08:00 PM
    How to change IP address
    Whenever I try to continuosly download files on rapidshare, they trace my IP address and say that you have reached your maximum limit of dowmloading files. Can any one help me in disguising my original IP address so that they won't trace my IP and I can continuously download files.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2006, 09:06 PM
    You could try using an 'anonymizer' to mask your IP addie -- But that isn't going to be enough.

Most HTTP based file sharing services like RapidShare also place 'cookies' in your system to prevent you from trying to download again within a set amount of time.

Oct 3, 2006, 12:12 AM
    Thank you very much... but some say that of you switch off your modem for 5 mints or for overnight.. the isp will automatically change ip address. I have a dsl connection. I will try it first and lets c what happens.. thank you very much for your time. :p
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2006, 05:57 AM
    Excuse me, but what you want to do is unethical at best and possibly illegal. When you signed up for the service, you agreed to abide by their rules and limits. To do anything to get around those limits is unethical at best and constitutes a breach of contract. They can ban you from the site or worse.

Shutting off the modem overnight may or may not do the job, since most will retain a lease on the IP assigned for several days.

Please don't ask or expect us to aid you in such unethical actions.

Oct 3, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Scott may be you are right, I didn't know that it is unethical. But thanks for reminding me. If that way you think is unethical, can you show me any other way by which I could change my IP,the ethical one? Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2006, 07:35 AM
    Changing the IP is NOT the issue. How the IP is changed depends on your DSL carrier. You can't really change that since its done on their end.

But there is really no reason, In my opinion, to change your IP, except to get around restrictions on IP used by sites. And then you get into the unethical issue. Some people will claim that using an anonymizer is OK because you are protecting your privacy. But unless you go to sites that try and collect IPs for hacking (in which case you deserve to be hacked), then there is no reason to block the IP.

Frankly, I don't reallly believe you didn't think about the ethics here. If you go into a store that uses inventory control tags, and you take the tag off to get out of the store without paying, that's theft. This is not much different. The site says you can only download so much. You agreed to that. I can't believe you would think that trying to get around the limit is ethical.

Oct 4, 2006, 08:40 PM
    OK, I won't look forward to change my IP anymore. Lets be ethical :confused: Thankz a lot.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Oct 12, 2006, 08:21 PM
    You can use firefox with the grease monkey extension this would help a bit.But rapid share keeps changing its code so you need to keep finding new ways. Or just get a premium account

Oct 12, 2006, 10:17 PM
    Thanks invisibleman,hope it works.. I will try.. :)
    Facepalm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 03:09 AM
    Very useful files search engine. http://Indexoffiles.com is a search engine designed to search files in various file sharing and uploading sites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IP Address Change of 9iAS machine [ 2 Answers ]

We have changes IP address of our machine where Oracle 9iAS version 1 is installed with Apache Webserver. After the change, the AS has stopped connecting to the database. Can we do something without reinstalling the AS.

Can't change my ip address.. Help... [ 7 Answers ]

Help me please cause I can't change my ip address... When I try to ipconfig /renew from ms-dos, "An error occured while renewign interface Local Area Connection 2: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out. no operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it...

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

Ip address [ 2 Answers ]

I have two routers one behind the other. Yes I said two routers, one is a wired and the other is wireless I had to make some changes and now I can not get the wireless router to issue any ip address to the systems on it. The address that are given out is the ones that are default for the system in...

View more questions Search