Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    I realize my case may be a bit more extreme than the OP's but my point is, we can't really make the call that her stepmom isn't just like my dad's ex wife.

- Nor can we make the call that she is.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:21 AM

What?
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:24 AM

Fro clarification:

You said: "we can't really make the call that her stepmom isn't just like my dad's ex wife."

I said: "- Nor can we make the call that she is."

I'm truly sorry you went through this with your stepmother. That doesn't mean, however, that this OP isn't going through some sort of emotional upheaval due to her father's relationship with his new wife. It does not necessarily mean the new stepmother is jealous or abusive.

Get it?
    braindamage Posts: 79, Reputation: 4

Jul 9, 2009, 07:28 AM

First I would like to say sorry about your mother but What you can do is stand up to her(stepmom)... and also there can be millions of reasons she's like that towards.It could be that you are your dads child and she wants one of her own and she's jelous that you are closer and a lot of othas I'm spit ballin haha
    Or
    Talk to your dad about her MAKE him listen this is important and don't just tell him this tell him EVERYTHING that's on your mind.about your relationship AND start by saying dad I need to talk to you its important (dnt start with the stepmom)
    And once again STAND UP TO HER
    After all you only got three months until you leave live life to the fullest
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:35 AM

Judy, let me just start by telling you that you give awesome advice and I mean no disrespect at all, but reading her post it sounds like this girl has a good head on her shoulders and tries pretty hard. We don't know her, so what motive would she have to lie to us. I'm just saying, that if this situation is anything like what I went through, it isn't her fault. At this point, I was hoping she would come back so we could ask questions and help her better, but I think I caught this thread way too late.
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    Judy, let me just start out by telling you that you give awesome advice and I mean no disrespect at all, but reading her post it sounds like this girl has a good head on her shoulders and tries pretty hard. We don't know her, so what motive would she have to lie to us. I'm just saying, that if this situation is anything like what I went through, it isn't her fault. At this point, I was hoping she would come back so we could ask questions and help her better, but I think I caught this thread way too late.

I'm not saying she's lying - I'm saying she is seeing it from her perspective.

I'm also not saying that stepmothers aren't sometimes mean and/or jealous - as are stepchildren. Can you tell I'm a stepmother?

I'm just saying no one should jump to judgment here. There are big changes on both sides when a parent remarries and I HATE the rush to judgment on the Boards which I sometimes see.

And, yes, it is a shame that you came on so late because I think you could have helped her in the very beginning - hopefully she'll come back and fill us in on what is going on.

And thank you for the compliment - no disrespect meant or taken!
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 08:15 AM

Thanks Judy, I hoped you wouldn't take anything the wrong way. I hope she does come back.
    catmichelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 08:08 PM
    ... Obviously your stepmom has issues and needs therapy... I don't understand how these women think they can have a "father" all to themselves... there is this website I saw this chatroom.. these" stepmothers" were talking about how they secretly hate there stepdaughters... can you say physco hitch?. ha anyway you seem like a very mature girl and want your father to be happy with his new wife... your stepmom needs to not treat you like your cinderella... next time she's going through her insecure mood swings stand up for yourself say how your feeling and hopefully she will come to her senses... if she doesn't then talk to your dad when she's not around remember its your father.. and no matter what he will always be your father... good luck sweetheart..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My stepmom [ 3 Answers ]

Ok she is nice but she can be the evilest of demons. Yesterday she told my dad that I told her the f word because she did not oick me uo from school, I had actually said "are you freakin serious!?" I explained it and to day she's being really grouchy and mean because apparently she doesn't believe...

How do I get my stepmom to believe me [ 2 Answers ]

I have been living with my dad and stepmom for about 5 years now and things have not got better with mine and her relationship. Ever sense me and my dad moved in with her and her 4 kids, we have never got along. I admit I lie sometimes over dumb things, but maybe if my stepmom was more...

How do I stop being jealous? Is this being jealous? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend sent messages to guys do I have the right to be jealous? And when I ask her she make it out of fight saying I do not trust her. What is it?

How can I love my stepmom? [ 7 Answers ]

My dad wants me to love his new wife. But I hate her for replacing my previous stepmother Nicole, who I really loved. I don't have a problem with my parents dating other people, they've been divorced since I was a baby. But in this case specifically I really don't like this woman. My dad says that...

Going to be a stepmom but not what you think! [ 8 Answers ]

I was dating my boyfriend for about 5 years. And 2 years into our relationship we had a child. We were both pleased and very happy but unfortunately we split when our daughter was 3 and a half. We were apart for 1 year but he continued to ask for me back, we'll we got back together a few months...

View more questions Search