Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 23, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Can birth control effect you?
    Hi I'm 15 and me and my parents were talking about sex,they said when I start having sex to telll them so they can put me on birth contrloe and I tould them that I would never get on birth controle because it can prevent you from having kids in the future they said it was not true but I don't believe them... so I'm asking have you ever taking birth controle and can do longger have kids or if you no any one that has can you please tell me thinks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 07:30 PM

I have never heard of not being able to have babies because of being on birth control.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 08:28 AM

A lot of people get pregnant while on birth control.

I've personally never heard of it doing any damage and preventing pregnancy after you have stopped using it.

For some women it can take up to 2 years for their cycles to regulate again while others become regular immediately.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 08:54 AM

Your parents are correct.
    Here is a link that will help you.
    About Birth Control: What You Need to Know
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2009, 09:15 AM
    I've taken 3 different kinds of birth control and have 4 kids. I got pregnant with 2 of my kids WHILE I was on birth control. I don't know where you got your info, but you should listen to your parents, they are right.
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 24, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I've taken 3 different kinds of birth control and have 4 kids. I got pregnant with 2 of my kids WHILE I was on birth control. I don't know where you got your info, but you should listen to your parents, they are right.
    Yea I understand and it was my teacher she said she took birth controle and when she decidesd to have kids she couldent so that's why I need to no all I can but I'm not having sex yet anyway so yea but thinks for your help!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiboo View Post
    yea i understand and it was my teacher she said she took birth controle and when she decidesd to have kids she couldent so thats why i need to no all i can but im not having sex yet anyways so yea but thinks for your help!
    That is just one persons experience.
    She may have been infertile for a variety of reasons.The pill would not be marketed if it caused infertility.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiboo View Post
    yea i understand and it was my teacher she said she took birth controle and when she decidesd to have kids she couldent so thats why i need to no all i can but im not having sex yet anyways so yea but thinks for your help!
    That is only her experience. It is possible that she was infertile before she got on birth control but did not know it.

There are many many kinds of birth control out there, some short acting, like the pill, others longer acting like depo provera.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 04:29 PM

Yeah there are so many things involved that could be the reason for not being able to get pregnant. Most likely it wasn't the birth control

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taken off birth control, possibly conceived, back on birth control? [ 9 Answers ]

So, the day my period ended I ended up having unprotected sex, and a week later started feeling really sick to my stomach, I could smell everything, I had horrible headaches, I couldn't find anything I wanted to eat, I was moody all the time, all the typical signs, except no missed period. I took a...

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that your more fertile after stopping birth control?

Total effect + income effect = Substitution effect? [ 1 Answers ]

In intermediate economics we are told that Total Effect = Income effect + Substitution effect but in advance level this relation is changed to Total effect+income effect = substitution effect why is that? Please explain with logic

View more questions Search