Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 06:41 PM

I agree with the Objective or Career Aspiration part not being necessary. However, with a younger person without a lot of job experiences, I think that it helps to include it so that it shows that the job applicant has done some thought as to a definite direction he or she wants to take with their career.

With an older person, who has a lot of job experience over many years, their resume usually it what will show the direction that they want to take and have taken.

Thanks!
    payasa14 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 06:45 PM

For my objective I got this... Objective: Seeking a career position with a Company, where professional experience, education and abilities would be an advantage to the growth of my employer and myself. Is that good or should I change it around a little?
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 06:48 PM

Hi, payasa14!

I think that you should personalize it and re-word it a little bit more.

I'll show you what I mean in a couple of minutes. I need to work on it.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 06:53 PM
    Objective: Seeking a career position with a Company, where professional experience, education and abilities would be an advantage to the growth of my employer and myself. Is that good or should I change it around a little?
    Career Objective (or, it could be titled, Career Aspiration.)
    To find a position with a company that best utilizes my professional experience, education, skills and abilities to the best they can be in order to enable a company to achieve the goals that they have.

Something like that, anyway. It's more personal and concise. Although, I'm sure that Wondergirl could make some improvements to it.

Thanks!

May 27, 2009, 06:57 PM

Okay, should I keep the professional experience part since I really don't have much experience in office work? Ok and next I...

Relevant Skill:

• Efficient with using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, and Microsoft Excel
    • Having experience of creation of correspondence from the given information
    • Accustomed to heavy telephone usage
    • Typing speed: 55wpm
    Have
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 06:59 PM

Please let me work on that a minute or two.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 07:00 PM
    By the way, your Professional Experience, is going to be the heart (bulk) of your resume. At least, that's the way that it's been with mine.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 07:02 PM
    Okay, first thing. Where and in what way have you used Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, and Microsoft Excel, please?

Was this in relation to a job that you had?

Thanks!

May 27, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Oh no I had computer app classes when I was in high school and we used these everyday.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2009, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    I agree with the Objective or Career Aspiration part not being necessary. However, with a younger person without a lot of job experiences, I think that it helps to include it
    I totally disagree. The cover letter can incorporate the objective very nicely.
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 07:04 PM

Did you get a good grade in that class?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Career Objective (or, it could be titled, Career Aspiration.)
    To find a position with a company that best utilizes my professional experience, education, skills and abilities to the best they can be in order to enable a company to achieve the goals that they have.

Something like that, anyway. It's more personal and concise. Although, I'm sure that Wondergirl could make some improvements to it.

Thanks!
    I would not include it. It says absolutely nothing.

May 27, 2009, 07:05 PM

An A.

May 27, 2009, 07:07 PM
    The objective just gives a little detail and then in the cover letter wouldn't I write more on that? Like what I'm trying to say in better words? So don't put it on there at all?
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I totally disagree. The cover letter can incorporate the objective very nicely.
    Probably so. However, I still think that with a younger person, relatively inexperienced in going for jobs and having interviews, it helps to "round-out", so to speak, a shorter resume and thus make it appear more full and complete.

My resume is two pages in length and I'm having to shorten and make it more concise all the time. It really shows what my career object has been. So, there's no need for it to be on the resume.

Thanks!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by payasa14 View Post
    The objective just gives a little detail and then in the cover letter wouldnt I write more on that? Like what im trying to say in better words? So dont put it on there at all?
    No company cares about what you want to achieve for yourself. All they want to know is how you can make them money or save them money. Most Objectives are worthless.

Only include it if it is tailored specifically for a particular job opening.
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by payasa14 View Post
    An A.
    That's good! In incorporating it as far as a "Related Experience" section should work out very nicely!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    ...... Most Objectives are worthless.
    But then, some aren't worthless.

Thanks!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Probably so. However, I still think that with a younger person, relatively inexperienced in going for jobs and having interviews, it helps to "round-out", so to speak, a shorter resume and thus make it appear more full and complete.
    I think I will disappear and read a book. You two have fun pulling all this together.

May 27, 2009, 07:12 PM

So where do I put my jobs and education at? Does it matter in what order there in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I just want to know p are in writing minutes and what really writing [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know the procedures in writing minutes and what really entails in writing minutes.

Writing Comments on Resume [ 5 Answers ]

Is it OK to write comments on a resume during an interview? I don't see a problem with it but an HR person here has serious issues with it. I personally think she's off a bit - tried to turn a ? On the page into "they can say you are racist if they are a minority from that question mark". And I...

I need resume help, please! [ 3 Answers ]

All right well this year I'm a senior, and I want to go to school for radiology. But the problem is... im not really sure on how to write a resume. And that's the only thing stopping me from starting my applications. I already have my letters of recommendation... but they need a resume and I don't...

About Resume Writing [ 1 Answers ]

I Have done A course in FAshion Designing and looking for a job as a fresher , kindly teell how do I make my resume attractive.

Writing a Resume [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Consultant, Please could you advice me on the best method of preparing a resume

View more questions Search