Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Pontiac - You're FIRED!
    Hello:

Anybody who would produce this, should be given 40 lashes and be taken over by the government:

YouTube - Pontiac Stinger Concept Car

And, that's exactly what happened.

excon
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 23, 2009, 12:40 PM

1989 Pontiac Stinger - Concept Car - High Performance Pontiac

Because the Stinger was conceived as a one-off, Pontiac passed on the normal unitized construction that most production vehicles are based on, and went with a steel tube frame that featured tall bulkheads and beefy side rails. The front frame section also featured curved tubing members to help support the body panels.

Since the Stinger was designed as a crossover SUV before the term was even invented,
    In 1989!

After Pontiac gave us the AZTEK - that is the reason.

I think Mercedes Benz has recently made some of the ugliest cars, but do they deserve to be taken over?

Even BMW's recent Bangle design's took some getting use to.

But every business depends on product, marketing, management and capital. GM has too much product, poor management, and not enough capital.

Why ax Pontiac? When they have made some of the most memorable designs - the GTO, the Fiero, some Grand Prix's, some Firebirds etc.

They need to get rid of Buick - do you remember any Buick product of note in the past decade or 2? The only one I can remember were the Grand Nationals and GNX of the 80s.

G&P
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 01:46 PM

Or how about this one?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 02:14 PM

I think the Smart cars and many of the newer cars are ugly. I never even liked the cars of the 70's on.
    Unfortunately we just do like they did when they did away with the muscle and other 60's cars. We go along with the program and that is what we are going to do when they do away with all the current vehicles for the smart cars.
    I call them shoe boxes and clown cars.
    They will keep producing the ugly cars because they are fuel efficient and people will buy them because they don't have a choice.

clown cars - Live Search Images

What gets me in their stupidity to have us all driving these little tin boxes is that then families of 4 or more will have to take two cars or make two trips when they want to go on family outings and things like that.

THIS is the car of the future and I have seen a few driving down the street already.
    (My son in Iraq said he is putting his Sargents on the roof for a prank)

Can you imagine your kids in the back seat and you get slammed in from behind by a semi??
    Attached Images

galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

May 23, 2009, 04:35 PM

I wouldn't ride around the block in one of those smart cars. A golf cart doesn't belong on the highway, and one that will run 70 mph just makes it even more dangerous.

At my age, I will start driving my '69 Buick Skylark 2dr hardtop again if all I can buy is a pregnant roller skate.

Let the pollutants roll, bro.!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 23, 2009, 04:54 PM

Pregnant rollerskate? OMG, I'm ROTFLMAO!

Give me a 69 Mustang convertible and I'll be a very happy woman.

Sadly I drive a 2001 Chevy Venture Van. Can you say "Soccer mom". :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 07:17 PM

Yeah an old mustang is the car!!
    I like the late 50's T birds too.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 06:28 AM

67 Barracuda fastback Hi Pro 273 V8 4 speed. Could blow the socks off most Mustangs on the road.
    Sever years ago when we were in Germany/France the smart cars were everywhere. But the one that these idiots brought to our shores is not the ones offered in Europe. The European models are totally different, more motors and actually scoot along quite nicely. They are somewhat bigger and much nicer.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 04:42 AM
    A concept car is a prototype to display new technologies and styling .It is R&D .All automakers produce some for the auto shows .Most concept cars do not make it to production. The Chevy Volt plug in hybrid is still a "concept car" . If the Volt technology works it may 1st go into the Cadillac Converj (the price of the technology may be prohibitive in non-luxury vehicles) .Ford also has a luxury end Lincoln C Concept car with an EcoBoost engine. Jeep's concept car is a Patriot EV... with an electric engine.

These are cars that may or may not go into production in the future.

I did not see the video but I know a bit about the Stinger. Somehow Subaru took the concept ;especially the all wheel drive ,and created marketable cars that consumers want and are still popular .The real question is why couldn't Chrysler ?
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

May 26, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    A concept car is a prototype to display new technologies and styling .It is R&D .All automakers produce some for the auto shows .Most concept cars do not make it to production. The Chevy Volt plug in hybrid is still a "concept car" . If the Volt technology works it may 1st go into the Cadillac Converj (the price of the technology may be prohibitive in non-luxury vehicles) .Ford also has a luxury end Lincoln C Concept car with an EcoBoost engine. Jeep's concept car is a Patriot EV ...with an electric engine.

These are cars that may or may not go into production in the future.

I did not see the video but I know a bit about the Stinger. Somehow Subaru took the concept ;especially the all wheel drive ,and created marketable cars that consumers want and are still popular .The real question is why couldn't Chrysler ?
    Maybe it is the difference in quality between Chrysler and Subaru?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 11:52 AM

I love my 2010 Honda Insight and my 52.3 MPG!! How those gas prices treating everyone right now.

No Help the smart for 2 has no pack seats. (hence the name smart for 2) They should vall it a dumb car because it has a 6 gallon tank and it requires 93 Octane.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pontiac Grand Am [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a free service manual for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am.

Can you be fired for having chron's disease? I am afraid I am going to be fired, [ 4 Answers ]

I have worked for a company for 18 years. I was diagnosed with Chron's Disease 5 years ago and sometimes I get really sick and have to be hospitilized and now they think I should be fired and it really gets me. Is that lawful?? :mad:

Not fired, then fired, after boss was beat [ 6 Answers ]

I was called in the office and confronted about time differences on the time sheet. I had to wait for a customer to get home that morning, (30 min.). I called the office and informed them. So I added 15 extra minutes to my time. I was told that I couldn't do that. I asked was I being fired for it...

View more questions Search