Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TCHRbyTrade Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 07:58 AM
    How long before a dr will see you after a pos urine test?
    We have been trying to conceive for 9 months now, so I decided to give it a break after last month being 17 days late with negative urine test and then getting my period. So, just taking a month off. I had gone to the dr for a regular check up after being so late. He said it was either an early miscarriage or everyone was allowed one late period a year, and that may have just been mine. So everything in our checkup came our normal. I took a pregnant. Test just for fun earlier this week and to our shock it was positive! We took another one a few days later because we are still in disbelief. We have been waiting so long, so this is wonderful news! However, I have no symptoms, hence just taking the test for fun, because it was the morning my period was supposed to come. Anyway, the question is, how long will it be until a doctor will see me? We are leaving for vacation in June for the whole month and would love have the pregnancy confirmed before we leave. Thanks for your input, I am going to try to call on Monday and get in asap, because we are too excited not to know!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Many doctors wait until at least 13 weeks of gestation. The reason is that so many women miscarry before that time and there is nothing the doctor can do to stop it.

May 26, 2009, 03:07 PM

I got an appt to see the nurse for a first pregnancy appointment, not sure what all they are going to do, but I am looking forward to it. I haven't really had any symptoms, maybe tender breasts here and there. I noticed some pinkish color when I wiped this morning, is this normal? I just feel paranoid, we have been wanting a baby for so long I just don't want anything to happen.

May 26, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Sorry forgot to add that my appoinment is on Thursday morning.

May 27, 2009, 06:34 PM

My appointment is tomorrow. Yesterday I had some brownish pink when I wiped. Today it is heavier, not like period heavy but I could see spotting on the liner. This evening it is heavier, though not like a period and red. Took a test this morning and still positive. Any thoughts
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 03:09 AM

There are several possible reasons for spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy... all should be mentioned of course to your doctor, but most are not a real concern and have to do with hormonal changes and changes in your uterus.

Normally, as long as there is not a subtantial amount of bleeding, along with cramping, all will remain well. Some women will even have what they believe to be their periods for awhile in pregnancy and go onto have a healthy pregnancy.

May 28, 2009, 04:56 AM

Thanks for your help. I wore a pad to bed last night just in case, but there was barely a trace on it, however when I wiped this morning it was like a mucusy blood. I also had a clot of blood, never a good sign, but I am going to the dr this morning, so I will see what is going on. Thank you so much for helping to ease my mind!

May 28, 2009, 01:12 PM

Update: So, went to the doctor, it was a waste of my day. The hubby and I took the day off from work for this appointment, all the nurse did was ask us four questions about our familys health history. We would have been out in 20 minutes had we not asked if we can at least have a blood test done. So we will wait for those results tomorrow. I will go in again on Monday for another blood test to compare the hcg hormone results.
    I am however bleeding more heavily and have had three clots so far today. I have filled a pad already, though the bleeding seems to have slowed for the time being. The nurse wasn't too concerned with the bleeding,t elling me it is common and some women do have bleeding, so now it is just a waiting game. Our next actual appointment isn't until the beginning of July, when we will hopefully be 11 weeks along.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2009, 04:29 PM

Sticky baby to you!!
    hvacgal Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

May 28, 2009, 04:37 PM

If it isn't a positive result this time...

Have you tried a naturopath... I know I know most people don't believe in them but chinese medicine (and I am not chinese) has helped people in the past and it is all natural. It helps with the women side of things, go to your local china town and go to a chinese herbalist. Tell them what you are trying to do and get some chinese herbs... I know it sounds like a witch hunt to some but I assure you it does make a difference. I know of a woman who was very dry down there... they took some pills from a chinese herbalist and became lubricated once again. I helped lift the libido and helped with the painful penitration... the pills also said they helped with people attempting to get pregnant... worth a try anyway... can't hurt.

May 28, 2009, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the advice, my tests are still positive at the current time. I will try again in a few days and hopefully my blood results help ease my mind tomorrow. The bleeding is not nearly as heavy anymore, we still have our fingers crossed. I will continue to keep you updated in hopes this helps someone else who has a smiliar story.

May 29, 2009, 03:16 PM

Got a call from my doctors nurse about the blood work said all was negative and that my pregnancy results was just a false positive. Is it really possible to have 6 false positives in the matter of a weeks time, seems fishy to me. Or, she said it could have been a chemical pregnancy and my tests just picked it up really early. I took a test every day for a week before going to the dr. Including the day before going to the doctor. It's not that I don't believe her I do, but just didn't seem very professional about the whole thing. There was no sympathy on her end what so ever and she got my doc's name wrong (granted she works for two different doc's at this clinic) but still. I had called her after the appointment to ask her a question at 2pm and her voice mail said all calls will be returned if left before 4pm, I never got a call back. Not feeling too hot about this nurse, but I do like my doctor when I get to see him. Sorry just upset over our loss when we were so happy to finally have a positive. Thanks everyone for all your help, I really appreciate it!

May 30, 2009, 02:58 AM

Sorry, I hope you get pregnant very very soon.. GOD BLESS!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 05:03 AM

So sorry to hear the results. It is possible to get positives only to have it become negative when the pregnancy doesn't take.

Many women just never know this happens to them because they didn't have a reason to test in the first place. When they have some bleeding it is considered a period or perhaps just an off period and the very early pregnancy is never known.

It is unfortunate that her handling of the situation wasn't more comforting. Sometimes it is just personality, sometimes people get used to handling something on a fairly regular basis and forget that it is new to the person they are working with.

Jul 3, 2009, 08:08 AM

Update: Once again we have a positive result! Yea, hopefully this pregnancy will take. We go in to see the doctor on Monday, which is one day before a heartbeat is supposed to be heard, so hopefully he will be able to help us at least some. Thanks for the support for everyone. We are so excited and hopeful!

Jul 3, 2009, 03:49 PM

Hooray... PRAISE THE LORD!. hopefully this one will stick!!

Jul 6, 2009, 10:27 AM

Still not sure how far along we are. The dr. took an ultrasound and saw a sac, but said it was a very early pregnancy and their was not yolk yet. So we go back again next week in hopes there yolk. We were thinking we were 5 weeks along and will be 6 weeks by our next appointment, how true that is we aren't sure. It was both fun to see a small black sac and scary since he thought it was earlier than we thought. Guess only time will tell. Positive thinking!

Jul 13, 2009, 12:06 PM

We are pregnant! We are showing a week behind, but doctor said that is normal. We had an ultrasound saw both sacs and a heartbeat! We are so relieved! Still have no symptoms but I am loving the reassurance. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 12:10 PM

Both sacs? Are you having twins??

Jul 13, 2009, 12:11 PM

Goodness, not that I know of. All we saw last time was the gestational sac, this time we saw the yolk sac too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

Urine test [ 1 Answers ]

There is no way a single dose of ecstasy can be detected on a urine test 15 days later on a healthy person right?

Urine test [ 2 Answers ]

How long does methodone stay in your system on a urine test?

Urine test [ 1 Answers ]

Someone told me hydrocodone 10mg 3 times daily for 30days will stay in my urine longer than usual because I am a jogger and that it will store in my fat cells because I work out. Is this true .how long do you think it will stay in my urine. Thanks ,really would be grateful for an answer

View more questions Search