Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carnationindex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Seedling wilting under sunlight
    I've always put my carnation seedling under the sun. Recently it's becoming hot. One of the seedlings are wilting. The leaves get extremely soft. I really want it to live. When I take it out of the sun, it usually returns to normal but it needs sun. The soil is moist. What do I do and how can I solve the problem?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 04:38 PM

Hi, carnationindex!

Most seedlings need to be hardened off to get used to being in the sun. That means exposing them to some sunshine each day, but not for a full day. The time increased in the sun needs to be gradual. Eventually, they get used to being in the sun for a full day.

If the soil is moist, are there holes allowing for the soil to be adequately drained?

Thanks!
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 08:23 AM

One thing you might want to look into is flower tolerance levels... It may be shade tolerant, intolerant or intermediate. Meaning it may not be able to survive in full sun... it I believe is a partial sun plant to begin with. Especially with it being an indoor plant.. wilting is actually cells rupturing and that is why it kills the plant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sunlight a Cure for Jaundice? [ 9 Answers ]

Hey. I had my baby girl! Her name is Katy Jo Cheyenne. She was born April 22, 2009 at 11:52pm. She weighed 6lbs 6oz & was 20 inches long. She is the perfect baby & is SSSOOO beautiful! There has only been one concern since she was born... she is slightly jaundiced. Would it benefit her to be in...

Relation between sunlight and glucose [ 1 Answers ]

What is the relation between sunlight and glucose?

Ways of sunlight [ 2 Answers ]

What is the book ways of sunlight by sam selvon about?

Leather chairs in sunlight [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a wood dining room table with full back brown leather chairs (real leather). My concern is that my dining room has large windows and direct sunlight comes into this room for most of the day. During the day the chairs get extremely warm to touch. Is this bad for them?...

Meteorology - sunlight [ 8 Answers ]

How many hours sun lit in Paris this year 2005: In January In February In March In April Thanks Jane

View more questions Search