Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyshooter11 Posts: 84, Reputation: 5

May 22, 2009, 11:58 PM
    Not sure if I should feel guilty
    My ex and I have been over for about 7 months. 3 months ago I found someone new and things have been great between us. He's such a nice guy and I've never met anyone like him. We've been dating for 3 months and have no drama what so ever. The problem is when we first started dating I wasn't completely over my ex. I didn't still have feelings for him or anything at the time but I still hadn't gotten over feeling betrayed by him. Now, I don't really think about him too much but from time to time he crosses my mind and I can't help but feel guilty because the guy I am dating now has no idea what's running through my head. I do it sometimes even when I'm around. I'm not sure how to handle this because I don't want to lose this guy and I don't want to feel like in some way I am screwing my new guy over by dating him but still thinking about how horrible my ex was to me. Is this good or bad? Should I feel guilty?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 23, 2009, 06:32 AM

The problem is that this new guy turned out to be your rebound. You didn't finish the recovery process before jumping into a new relationship.

I'm not sure how deep these feelings are for your ex, but if you don't like your new boyfriend as much as you say you do, then you better break it off with him, because this isn't fair to him.

If it is just phase and you really want to get over your boyfriend and stay with your current boyfriend, then you should ask for some time and space so that you can finish the recovering process before going back with your new boyfriend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 23, 2009, 07:29 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ve-277616.html

You have been through a lot, and are still healing, or else there would be no guilt. I have also read about your dietary problems and std scare. You have a lot to heal from, and overcome.
    CMALori Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 08:04 AM

I honestly think that this happens to almost everybody. My boyfriend had broken up with me, and not even 2 months later someone great came into my life. I was still heart broken for what my ex had done to me and still thought about him a lot, but its natural. I need to just move on and I did. But you don't need to feel guilty...
    babyshooter11 Posts: 84, Reputation: 5

May 23, 2009, 09:22 AM

Thank you everybody! Your responses are helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel guilty I can't h elp my mum after she was raped [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 15 for my whole life I have tried to help my mum with her depression although I never knew what was wrong with her. Ever since I can remember I have been the one to look after her when she was sad I figured out at an early age that even if I was really misrable I couldn't show it, as the fact...

I feel guilty when I look at my parents because I was adopted [ 4 Answers ]

Here's the story I was adopted when I was 6, so I remember almost every thing. How bad it was living in a broken bilding in russia. When My parents got me I was so happy. But now I have major guilt over it. I'm costing so much money for them, I'm not good in school, I don't feel like I...

How guilty should I feel? [ 4 Answers ]

OK. So my boyfriend and I just took a 'break' about two weeks ago. This is how it went: he called me on the phone to tell me that while he was traveling for two weeks, he did a lot of thinking about 'us'. I instantaneously knew what he was going to do, so I quickly prepared myself and told myself...

He makes me feel guilty when I ask for a divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 26 years. I got married when right after turning 18 and got out of high school. He always worked nights and I worked days. We have never went on vacation and he has always went fishing with his fiends every year on our anniversary. I feel I missed out on life and need to...

View more questions Search