Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r2traps Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 11:22 AM
    Hi everyone,

I recently replaced my 15-year old stacked washer/dryer in my condo unit with a used 5-year old unit I purchased locally. Early last week, some of the parquet tiles in my condo (which are on the other side of the wall where my washer is) suddenly raised up but I originally didn't know the cause. I removed the tiles with the intention of replacing them later on. Then yesterday I did laundry and afterwards noticed the place where the tiles used to be was filled with water :eek:

So now I'm attributing the leak to the washer, but I'm not sure how to go about diagnosing the problem. From what I saw last night, the area where the washer is seems to be dry, which leads me to believe the problem is in the pipes. The only problem is that I don't have access to the pipes because it's covered by a wall. I do know that the washer drain hose is connected to a stand pipe. I have no clue where the stand pipe leads to, as there's a wall there to block access to the piping.

Tonight I will pull out the washer/dryer and inspect for leaks while running the washer. Any help on what to look for would be greatly appreciated!

From what I've read on the net, I should check:

-for any leaks when the washer is pumping water out via the drain hose
    -if the stand pipe if in an upright position
    -if the drain hose is pushed to far down the stand pipe

Looks like I'm not the only one in my building experiencing problems. Apparently the plumbing stack is clogged up so our building will be do a flush of it tomorrow. I'm hoping that was the culprit!

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine Box [ 10 Answers ]

Greetings. My basement has an overhead Sewer pipe going out to the front. Therefore, if I want a washing machine in the Basement, I have to pump the discharge up and out in some way. Right now, the discharge goes to the sump pump hole and then is pupmed out. I want to install a washing...

Condo leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, about a year ago my bathroom had to be torn down because of a leak from above. I am about to finish remodelling but I can see a leak coming through between the drywall I have in the ceiling. Before I finish patching it up and painting I want to have this fixed. I went upstairs and it...

Washing machine leak - What kind of glue? [ 1 Answers ]

My washer has a leak that I'm trying to fix. Underneath, there is a large black rubber hose that is connected to the pipe that the dirty water comes out of. The other end is connected to a metal piece with a smooth hole, that looks like the bottom view of a kitchen sink. This rubber hose has a...

Washing machine line [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We want to run a new washing machine drain line. We're considering running a new line tying into the main. For ease, was going to run in a trench line outside the house and tie in outside, rather than Going through the slab. Is this acceptable? Our old drain line has a hole in it, did...

Sewage backup in condo unit on 11th floor [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a new condo on the 11th floor and I've been having plumbing issues for the last few months. The building contractors seem unable to help. Basically, I get sewage discharge coming up through my bathroom sink drain and when I flush the toilet the pipes in the shower make a gurgling or...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.