Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kassy636 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2009, 12:26 PM
    Regretting Spur of the Moment Decision (I don’t like him)
    Okay, so two day ago, a boy asked me to be his girlfriend. He told me that he'd been "crushing" on me really hard. He's sweet and I know he really cares about me. I didn't have the heart to say no, so I said yes.

So here's the problem. I don't like him any more than as a good friend. He's funny, nice, somewhat cute, and obviously likes me. He wanted to hold hands all that night and put his arm around my waist a lot. Now, in the halls at school, I can't pass him without being smothered in a giant hug. It was cute at first, but now I'm just a little annoyed. When I look at him or spend time with him, I don't think, "Wow, my first boyfriend. I like him."

I think, "This is awkward and I'm starting to like him less than I did before."

I know I should break up with him. Being with him shouldn't be stressful, it shouldn't make me feel guilt but it does. We've only been going out since Wednesday night (it's now Friday) and I'd hate to have one of those stupid short relationships. Especially with a guy that I knows really care about me.

I shouldn't lie to him, I shouldn't fake my attraction, and I want to be single again, but I just don't have the heart to break up. Does anyone have any helpful hints that might just make this easier? :(

May 22, 2009, 12:27 PM

Oh, and right before he asked me out, he gave me a $20 gift that he had bougth that day for me... -____-
    *feels horrible*
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 12:31 PM

You need to tell him that you really like him as a friend but you just are not ready for a boyfriend right now.
    You could say you really liked the gift but if he wants it back ,you will understand.
    Be honest,it might be hard to do but it will be even harder if you let him continue to think you are both on the same page.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 12:31 PM

You have to be honest with him. If you are not happy you need to end it and be single if that's what you want and he deserves to be with someone that enjoys his company. So it's not fair to either of you.

Sit down and talk to him.

Have you tried telling him that you're not comfortable being so affectionate all the time? That might be a place to start.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2009, 12:33 PM

How old are the two of you? (My response will vary depending on your ages--if you are 15 or if you are 63.)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 22, 2009, 12:35 PM

You said it yourself, you should have been honest in the first place, instead of leading him on like this.

Now you have to face the consequences. Tell him how you feel. Tell him that you DID want to give him a chance at first (otherwise you really wouldn't have said yes). But now you realize that you don't feel the same way about him as he does about you.

May 22, 2009, 12:36 PM

artlady and nikosmom: You're both right. I know I have to be honest, but I'm having trouble just approaching him with the news.
    Well, the longer I wait, the worse it's just going to get.

Wondergirl: We're both 15

May 22, 2009, 12:39 PM

(sorry for all the double-posting... )

Okay. Thank you everybody for your feedback, it's just what I was looking for. :]

I might as well get this over with when I next see him. Thanks again-
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 12:50 PM

You need to tell him you don't feel you are ready for any gf/bf relationship because you do not feel comfortable.
    Continuing with this will only end up hurting you and him.
    Breaking up and being broke up is a part of dating so you need to get use to it now.
    If you have a hard time telling someone how you feel be more careful in the future picking someone to date.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 01:12 PM

I don't know what kind of gift he gave you but if it is something that you can give back I would give it back and tell him that you are not ready to be considered someone's steady GF but if he wants to remain friends you would be glad for that to happen but for him to stop the intimate greeting when you meet in the hallway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When will I stop regretting? [ 15 Answers ]

To make a long story short, Im 19 years old and my first real girlfriend broke up with me a little over a month ago. We dated for almost 4 years and I was in love with her and I was real tight with her family. We immaturely talked about marriage and all that stuff. She broke up me for a variety of...

She says she can't be with me at the moment. [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I have been in a serious relationship for 2 years we have been closest you could ever imagine, been on 5 mint holidays never been so in love, she has said all the things like I'm her soulmate she has never loves anyone like me, I've made her whole life a million times better etc etc before me...

Is she regretting the breakup? [ 5 Answers ]

A quick update; We broke up a month and a half ago the first 2 weeks being the hardest but with the advice and support of everyone here I've been keeping NC for a month. It really is the best way to go. Thank you everyone. The problem is she sent me a message: " sometimes..... i know i can be...

Which bits? Auger, carbide or spur-point? [ 2 Answers ]

Have been doing the research but really I'm getting more confused: I am dealing with the following project/prospects:(A) Drilling into really hard wood (South American 'Greenheart' and Purple Heart'). Tried using ordinary twist bits which I was assured would be adequate and the lumber simply...

View more questions Search