Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sportsgirl 101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Weight loss
    Hi I'm 15 and I weigh 121 pounds
    I play a lot of sports
    I want to lose weight around my legs and stomach
    But its so hard. I do some crunches every night but nothing works.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 01:02 PM

What type of things do you eat?
    Cut out any junk food, prepackaged processed foods and bad oils as much as possible.
    It takes at least 102 days to get rid of bad oils
    Such as Crisco/Wesson.
    It takes 240 days to get rid of Hostess type snacks.
    If you keep eating these type things you are only going on a vicious circle with weight loss because you put the stuff you just worked off right back.

Even many foods that claim they are healthy are not healthy. Like read the ingredients on the back of things like nutrition bars.
    A good rule of thumb is if the list is long and you don't know most of the words it is unhealthy.
    If it says fortified with or added calcium, vitamins, etc... most often they are altered synthetic and again they are packing on the weight.
    Most sports drinks are not even good even though they contain things like ginseng and taurine. They have high sugar content for one.

Also switch to sea salt. Throw your table salt away.

Your weight really doesn't sound that bad though
    How tall are you?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 06:42 PM

How tall are you?
    sportsgirl 101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 12:21 PM
    I'm 5''2
    salamander5 Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

May 27, 2009, 12:43 PM

It sounds like you're exercising a lot. Just make sure you're not consuming even more calories than you're burning because that's what makes you fat (I'm not saying that you are though. Your weight actually sounds pretty good for your age and height.) You could also try eating more fruits and vegetables and fill up on them.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 12:53 PM
    You sound about right to me. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. So, if you are muscular you are going to weight more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

Weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get some exercise and diet tips I weigh about 264Lbs and I am a teen can you help me

View more questions Search