Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indianajosh2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Moniter screen
    Sometime my PC moniters colours changes itself like from normal colour to green colour. How do I solve it?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2006, 05:03 PM
    Could be either the video card has gone bad or the monitor itself. Only way to troubleshoot is to swap each device one at a time.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2006, 03:53 PM
    I saw the email you sent me but we should answer question within the thread.

Is this a work computer or a home computer? If it's from work then you'd call your IT dept and thet would take care of it. If it is a home computer your options are either it's on warranty (new computer) or you'll need to buy a new monitor. Depending on your financial situation and your geographic location you may be able to get a used 17" CRT for a very low price at a used computer parts store.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Oct 4, 2006, 04:55 AM
    As Need has said,the video card could have gone bad.Check the driver files (uninstall,then reload them) either from the card-cd disk,or from the manufacturers website.Make sure your display settings are not set incorrectly.If I push my monitor settings to maximum,I get a pink glow down the left side of my monitor.Not recommended.Now I have it set correctly.Also try downgrading from 32bit color,to 16 bit,to see what happens in Display.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moniter standby [ 14 Answers ]

I decided to clean my heat sync and fans before I attempted to unlock my Athlon to make sure that the cooling I got was sufficient. I removed all the IDE cables and unplugged all the power cables, took my motherboard out of the case so I could get at things more easily. Then I detached the sync...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Moniter Problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hey Guys, My moniter suddenly got this problem. It has all the vertical black lines moving too fast and continues because of which the display is fully blured. It is kind of continuous extensive flickering which makes viewing impossible. This thing was intermitent when the problem started two...

Screen [ 1 Answers ]

Customize my desktop? If not there should be laptop settings to set the resolution and screen size

Pc on, nothing on screen [ 5 Answers ]

My PC turns on, no boot, nothing on screen, help?

View more questions Search