Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redswrld2u Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Correctly filling out forms
    Hi, I was wondering... filling out the legal forms in order to get a restraining order on someone... I am getting confused. The way the questions are typed makes me think that they are to be done by the judge. Cause my son is also trying to file for custody too. Are we to answer the questions as to what we want? For example: "DV-140 Child Custody and Visitation Order" reads in number 3... The Court Orders: Child Custody is ordered as follows: . Question 4 reads... Child Visitation is ordered as follows: . I mean this whole form reads like it should be filled out by the judges who is making the decisions. Am I to fill it out as I would like the judge to decide? Or what? :confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 04:37 PM

If you are trying to do this yourself I would suggest that you ask for help down at the Courthouse. There are legal services usually available in larger courthouses that help people fill this type of stuff out. If in doubt, ask, don't just fill it out if it sounds like a Judge should enter the information. Possibly you were given the wrong form to fill out as this does not sound like something a person would fill out wanting a restraining order or a protectice order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filling taxes correctly [ 2 Answers ]

Last year when we filed our taxes the guy where we did it told us to file married because we were living together but we are not legally married. This year we are going to do our taxes but are doing it separate because she doesn't live with me is it OK to do this?

Need to know if I have done this correctly? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to prepare a classified balance sheet for a construction company at December 31, 2009 based on the following data: Accounts payable... $ 74,300 Accounts receivable... 113,500 Buildings... 512,000 Owners’ equity, 1/1/09... 314,300 Cash... 153,600 Distributions to owners during 2009......

See if you can answer these correctly. [ 12 Answers ]

Are you the weakest link? Below are four (4) questions. You have to answer them quickly. You can't take your time, answer all of them immediately. OK? Let's find out just how clever you really are. Ready? First Question: You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What...

Heater won't come on correctly. [ 1 Answers ]

When I use the Auto feature on the heater it won't come on but when I put it on Fan it runs just fine. What's causing this?

View more questions Search