Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancy04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 03:53 PM
    value of 1882 National Currency note
    I have a National Currency note with a $5 value. It is a brown back and 1260 is printed on the front and back. On the front under 1260 is an N. The Pittsfield National Bank of Pittsfield
    Pittsfield Massachusetts May 1, 1885. Can someone tell me what the value of this would be?

Thank you,
    Nancy
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 10:36 PM

nancy04 - you have a (series 1882 )$5.00 national currency, has a brown front and back side,and on the back also and front is the number 1260;; on the front also under the 1260 is a letter ( n ) :: the issuing bank is the ,pittsfield national bank of pittsfield mass :::may -1 - 1885;;; ok nancy 04- i need you to get me a few more details on this note :: #1- look at the signatures on the front side and see if you canm give me the signatures on the note #2- what color is the seals? Is it james garfield in the oval picture frame ionthe left end? #3- there is 14 different federal reserve banks listed and each one has two signatures and thuss has a different value ,so i will need to kniow , what the signatures are on yours:: note- these are second charter period series of 1882;; the first series of 1882 was
    in 1875 :: note - go to this site that i prepared for people who are not exper{ in the dates on coins and paper currencyand this site :: will give you all time and informsation you need to get the condition and grade of your note :: need to help fighure out the condition and grade of the note:: ::on my questions >i will be waiting for your reply ::have a grate day and god bless :: f.b.e.
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 10:47 PM

NANCY 04 - I almost for got to give you the sight :: ONE easy way to remember is it is at the very top of the page for collectables noted under sticky )
    ( 1.9)how do you grade the condition of paper money )
    nancy04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 11:26 AM

The Register of the Treasury- B.K. Bruce
    Treasurer of United States- C.N.(Conrad) Jordan

James Garfield picture
    Brown seal
    I can't read the signatures on the bottom of the bill, I tried to research who they might have been, but had no luck.

There are 4 light folds on the bill. It seems to be between extremely and very fine condition.
    Hope this info will help you.
    Thank you,
    Nancy
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 10:07 PM

nancy04- thanks for the early reply; you did a good job of giving me the rest i needed;;:
    ok now to give you the answers to your questions:: better sit down :: the
    $5.00 dollar note you have is as follows:: series 1882;; $5.00 nsational currency note:: the signatures are bruce and jordan:: the picture in the oval frame on the face is -james garfield:: the seal is brown and the back side is brown :: #468- 1882, {vg-8- $550.00}{f-12- $700.00 }{vf-20-$950.00}{ef-40-
    $1,250.00}{unc-63-$2,200.00} nancy)$ these values are out of the 2009 red book ,on usa currency;; i hope i have helped you with your questions< if i have please rate my answers by using the orange box below thanks :: have a better day tomorrow and god bless::f.b.e. ps don't give it away::::

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Currency value [ 1 Answers ]

My uncle recently passed away and when we were cleaning his house we came across some old currency. Im trying to find out if it has a value or not. I know little about paper currency value/history, and would hate to have it end up in the wrong hands and not being appreciated for its historical...

Value of US currency [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1953 series C $2 bill red seal in UNC condition (A74652563A) which is misprinted so that the red seal overlaps the "TW" of the "TWO" and protrudes to the left. The red serial number is also moved to the left. I have not seen this error on any other 1953 bill or any bill at all. Any...

Old currency [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My grand parents passed away last year and they collected a lot of old coins and some old currency notes and I was wondering what they were worth. I have a 1 dollar silver certificate that is from the series 1928A serial number Z58728894A. It looks to be in VF to XF condition, has a blue...

Old currency [ 7 Answers ]

How much is a 1928 ten dollar bill worth in circulated condition?

View more questions Search