Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnamicaG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Buying XBOX for the first time
    I don't know much about how XBOX works. I am trying to buy it to give it as a gift to someone. I am trying to find out what all I need to buy other than the console itself.

I am looking to buy XBOX that 2 people can play with each other using a TV. I am not looking for anything fancy or advanced. Just something that works and XBOX games can be played and the progress can be saved. Also this won't be connected to online, it will be just be used for playing with the game CDs.

Can u tell me what all I need? Other than console of course I'd like to find out what are the other things that are needed. How many controllers? What type of cables are needed for TV connection? Any memory card?

In summary, anything and everything that one needs to buy to make the games work. Also what is the best place to buy XBOX where we can get good rates?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    drdradle Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2009, 02:21 PM

Well, its not too hard to find them, you can pick everything you need at a Wal-Mart or a Best Buy store, if you want 2 controllers, you will have to buy one in addition to the xbox itself, if you are talking about a 360 of course, if you want one of the old original xbox's then I would suggest going on eBay and finding one, everything you will need should be on there, it should come with the cables needed for it also, the only thing you would really need to buy other than the xbox would be games for it.
    Xyzpdq0121 Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Jun 9, 2009, 03:42 PM

Go with the arcade version if you do not want on-line entertainment or if you do not need the spack for movies or music. It is the base level of the xbox 360, Should run about $199.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Xbox 360 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was just playing my 36i went to turn it on then three flashing red lights appeared I checked the power cable and it was a green colour which meant it was fine. I was getting no picture though. Is it the AV cable or is it basically screwed

Jeweler buying "hot " merchandise from 1st time thief. [ 1 Answers ]

A family member stole from a relative 2 antique rings which were Family heirlooms worth over $7000 (that needed repair), not realizing their worth, and then sold them to a jeweler for far less than they are worth. The thief is a kind but learning disabled 20 years old on probation for 1 year for...

First time buying health insurance; not sure what to get [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 22 year old nonsmoker with no known health problems. I am not in college. I have two part time jobs, and I am trying to get a job with a company offering health benefits. There are TONS of people being laid off in Indiana, so that makes it hard. My question is, if I purchase health...

First time buying a home [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother looking to buy my first home any ideas on where to start?

View more questions Search