justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 10:45 AM

I usually just microwave it.
    joy verity Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    i usually just microwave it.
    What I needed to know was how hot does it have to be? I have heard that if it is not heated to the right temperature it becomes very dangerous.
    If it is heated in sauce or stew etc, it would be fine,but if I just want to make a chicken dinner I wondered if it is an old wives' tale about the temperature.
    Thanks for your reply, but I didn't ask the right question!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 12:45 PM

Oooo... well in that case I hope someone else can answer that because I've never heard that before about already cooked chicken but if its true I need to know too!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 11:45 AM

I eat left over cold chicken all the time. The problem is leaving it out at room temperature for any period.
    If you take it out of the fridge and heat it right away it can be any temperature that you like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chicken Stock vs. Chicken Broth? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first time asking of you Gentle Folks. I've recently found the advantage to using canned chicken broth to start my chicken soups and other dishes. However, what's the difference between "chicken stock" and "chicken broth"? It has come up because I have a couple of coupons for...

Cooked eggs? [ 1 Answers ]

How do u tell a hard boiled egg from a raw egg? Didn't know wife had made hard boiled eggs and I added them to the egg tray with the raw ones.:( Thanks for help. Don't want grandkids to get raw Easter egg. LOL:D Chuck

Cooked Chicken [ 1 Answers ]

I bought cooked chicken then I put it into a pot of veg soup I have let the soup cool and put in fridge wanted to know can I reheat tomorrow

Chicken reaheating cooked [ 2 Answers ]

Can I safely reheat chicken

View more questions Search