Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muralidhar_kini Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 12:26 AM
    Transfer video from camcorder to PC
    I have one sony digital camcorder (mini dv)dcr pc-5 and do not have the necessary cables to trasnfer videos to PC. I used dv cable to transfer the videos but it says ' no camcorder found'. Software used for this is pixela (suplied with the camcorder) refereing to mannual it referes to I link cables to be used please guide in this regard
    dannic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by muralidhar_kini View Post
    i have one sony digital camcorder (mini dv)dcr pc-5 and do not have the necessary cables to trasnfer videos to pc. i used dv cable to transfer the videos but it says ' no camcorder found'. software used for this is pixela (suplied with the camcorder) refereing to mannual it referes to i link cables to be used please guide in this regard
    Hi Muralidhar-Kini - I link cables are sony's name for dv/firewire cables. You might have to download drivers for your model camcorder from Sonys website. Have you tried capturing your video in Windows Movie Maker. I found that it was the easiest to learn and then I burn the video with nero.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capturing video from digital sony camcorder [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recelently received this sony handycam dcr-hc26 digital mini cassette camcorder. Well you can transfer your video to the computer through a USB cable, I have installed the software that was included and my USB streaming works with the video playing on the computer live with picture and...

Connecting camcorder to computer to convert video [ 2 Answers ]

Hi A couple of questions... I've got old 8mm tapes I need to download/convert then burn to dvd. I've got an old 8mm camcorder and have gotten a newer digital handycam the DCR-TRV510. I read that it's easier to convert using the digital camcorder using firewire. However, I don't have...

Transferring video from camcorder to computer with no sound [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to transfer a video from my sony DCR-TRV280 onto my computer. I am using the picture package software provided with my camcorder and a USB cord. I am using the video capture too. The video itself is transferring over and saving, but there is no sound. The end goal of this is to email...

How to transfer digital tapes from camcorder , using vista to make files? [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought hp laptop with vista. I am completely lost. I have a camcorder (digital tapes) I would like to record my all family tapes to hard drive media player. This devise works directly with TV but any file has to be recorded from computer. How to record my digital tapes from my camcorder to...

Is there a camcorder that is just for video? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a brand new digital camera, but I am now in need of a video camera. I just want to point and shoot, save film onto a memory card, and download it to the computer. I just don't feel the need to pay extra for a camcorder that also takes still pictures. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search