Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandra767 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 08:53 PM
    How do I become a famous christian singer when I'm already 30 years old?
    I just turned 30 years old and I still really want to become a Christian singer.. I have been singing in my chruch for over 10 years. Many people have stated that I should make a record but there is a couple of problems: 1. I lack the finaces and 2. I don't want to go out of god's will to do this... I have written over 11 songs and really want to do this I think the only thing I lack is the courage to do so... I start asking myself questions like (what if they like you and you have to go on tour... I might have to leave my family behind for some time... I really don't know but this dream is tugging at my heart... HELP>>>>:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2009, 09:01 PM

If you want to become known you will have to go on tour, before you get famous, you will be singing one or more nigh a week at least in a christian or secular coffee house or open mike night. You will save up and cut a CD or two and make cheaper copies that you either sell or give away when you sing.

You will network and do singing in other churches , any church that will let you come

You may have to MOVE,

What are you willing to do, there are millions of good singers in churches around the US every Sunday, what are you willing to do, to make this happen for you.
    There is a price for everything, When Peter was called, he "left" his nets, basically he walked away from all that was of value to him, he left his job, his way to support his family ( he was married) to follow Jesus.

My ex wife is a gospel singer, not nationally known yet, but regionally, she does 4 to 6 state tours, books many places each week. And tries to teach some music lessons on the side to live on.

I have watched her pull out of the drive way many times for one, two nights or even a week or soat a time.
    handsoftheLamb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 01:10 PM

Prayer is always the best way to resolve anything. It not only helps us to gain courage but it also gives us opportunities to listen to God. If God desires for you to be an artist, He will give you the open door- somewhere, somehow. All you have to do is accept whatever His plan is for you, to trust Him whole heartily and to accept His will humbly. But remember- trust, hope, faith, charity etc. are all choices. Do not wait until you "feel" holy enough, choose to trust Jesus and I guarantee He will guide you.
    slgroves Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 01:15 PM
    Love singing; sang in a Christian quartet for a number of years around the local area. Did not make enough to make singing a career. I quit when I had my baby; would love to go back, but the quartet has since stopped singing. I keep trying to convince them to try again, but no luck. I agree; keep praying; keep singing locally. Doing God's work is not necessarily about fame and fortune. It worked well as a quartet; one of us did the booking, another the techno, another the music, etc. If you find an answer, let me know (I'm 34 and would love to quit my real job & just sing!)
    francia segura Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 05:44 PM
    I'm seventeen yrs old and I love to sing and want to become a Christian singer, but the problem is that I leave in the middle of nowhere and my parents think that I should study something that will keep me financially stable for the rest of my life. But I know that's not where my heart is at and I really don't want to want to ask myself, "what would of happen if gave my life fully to the Lord." I know I am young,but I really want to know if this is a GOD thing or I'm just lying to myself.
    I really can't see myself be more passionate about anything else. And I want to love what I do. I also want my job not just be a job ,but a place where I feel valid and accepted. I know that I will be closer to than ever. I want to worship him all the time!!
    Pend_zinski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 10:13 AM
    If God has put that calling on you then all you have to do is listen and stay faithful. Francia, I'm 17 to, I've been in several band before, but none that were really in Gods will, until just recently I got asked to join a band and its going amazingly, God started giving me song, Hes made me more tallented, and I've just came so muuch closer to him. If its God's will it will happen if you just stay faithful and press in to Him it will happen. Keep praying, read your bible everyday (thats something I need to work on) and spend as much time with God as possible. Find a quiet place and talk to Him, ask him if its really what he wants and if it is ask him what you need to do to get started.
    rainmoon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 05:15 PM
    You had better go for your dream now, before you get any older!
    Gal220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 02:14 PM
    I am a great light in this musical movement and so are you all. Stay connected in the spirit and believe the impossible. God loves to show up and show out, and we give Him all the Glory. There's no doubt, just Faith. He will honor anything contributing to the uplifting, and building of His Holy Kingdom, after all it's in and through the blood, and by the testimony of our lives, mouths, and confessions that we have the victory. We all have a story, a passion, put God first, and delight in Him, and we will have our desires. He would never lie, just be faithful. God's peace, mercy, and grace be with you all. I love you.
    Loveissomuch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 06:11 AM
    Look at this whole video first, then think again about your heart/your attitude/your way of life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U25idJsGDQw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Love

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I Become A Famous Singer? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi!! My Name is Genny and I am 11 yrs old. I have an AMAZING voice. People are always saying that I should be famous for singing! But there are a few problems. One, I can't find any agent:confused: . Two, I don't know if my family could afford for me to be in any contests if they cost a lot of...

Becoming a famous singer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I become a famous kid star.like hannah Montana?

How can I become a famous singer? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey, people, how can I become a famous singer? I've been trying for EVER! But I can't figure it out. Help?:confused:

How to become a famous singer? [ 9 Answers ]

So I sing, I sing in my school, at church and in christmas a sang a solo in my church over 300 people were there, people have told me to go and be a famous singer cause they Love my songs and my voice... my uncle is a famous christian singer, he has cds.. so he Has tought me some...

How do I become a famous singer? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a band and singers, but how do I start performing?? How do I become famous?:confused:

View more questions Search