Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dondi Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

May 20, 2009, 07:17 PM
    What about animals?
    I know what Ive been told and what I believe. That is, animals do not go to heaven. Is there any scriptual referance to this?
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondi View Post
    I know what Ive been told and what I believe. that is, animals do not go to heaven. Is there any scriptual referance to this?
    St. Thomas Aquinas taught that animal’s have souls. The animal's soul animates the body of the beast much like the human soul animates the body of man, however the animal’s soul is said to be irrational. Furthermore, the soul of the animal operates in the realm of instinct. To sin requires cooperation with evil, and being that animals have an irrational soul, they cannot sin. Thus, they have no need for redemption; remaining in perfect harmony with the Creator. Consequently it would be safe to reason that there are animals in heaven.

JoeT
    mum45 Posts: 62, Reputation: 28

May 20, 2009, 07:51 PM

Plus, haven't you heard, All dogs go to heaven?

I just don't know about all that above. I just do believe that as intelligent beings, animals have souls. As I interact with my beloved dog, I know she is on the level of a four year old child sometimes, and a wise old soul at others. There's no way anyone can tell me that she doesn't have a soul in there!!
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 10:46 PM
    I don't know but I do have a tendency to agree with Joe and mum45.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

May 21, 2009, 05:05 PM
    The bible says that Jesus will be riding on a white horse when He returns to reign
    On the earth. There are many things about heaven we do not know. Rom 8:18-25 talks
    About that everything God made would be set free from ruin to the freedom and glory
    That belong to God's children. Read it, it helped me see how we are all waiting to be
    Taken home to heaven and out of pain. What I see in my dog, there is a love far greater
    Then I see in most humans. She loves everyone, but when someone hurts her she gets
    Fearful. I don't see her as sinful, she does not care what kind of house she lives in, or where she lives, or what she looks like and very content with life when I am around.
    I do not believe the Lord will keep us from our precious pets.
    Dr. Jack Van Impe has a video on "our beloved pets to be raptured or resurrected
    with us".
    If you like to, go to his website, and find out about it.
    Web address Welcome to Jack Van Impe Ministries International ANIMALS in HEAVEN

Love and Blessings,

Maggie 3
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 09:38 PM
    Thanks Maggie,
    I tend to agree with you about pets in heaven.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

May 26, 2009, 09:57 AM

God wastes nothing he creates. Animals may not be living souls,but animals have a place in heaven and in earth. In revalation when we read of the new heaven and earth, we find that the lion lays down with the lamb. We also find in the great commission we are instructed to preach the gospel to every creature. Animals are not guilty of original sin, but good news to any creature is still good news.
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 02:48 PM
    belovedgift,
    You make some good points there.
    Fred
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

May 29, 2009, 06:00 AM

Sorry folks, I tried to find who heads the Veterinary Deptt. In the Heavens, but got no response. I have left few messages but not got called back yet. Hell is full because the other day, I read at the back of a Hummer, "Hell is full, so I am back".
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Triund.
    LOL
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2009, 09:29 PM

The issue is "going to heaven" while it is very possible that God may have animals he created, we really have no description of animals in any of the visions of heaven.

As for as the animals we have and know, there is nothing in the bible that shows they are raised to heaven by any methods
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 08:57 PM
    I agree with Fr. Chuck
    Fred
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 31, 2009, 09:00 PM

If there are no animals in heaven, then I don't want to go! It would be hell.

Just saying.
    deyellehs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 09:10 PM

Hi, my name is shelley yes animals will be in heaven.
    There are many scriptures about
    Them including where god says that the child will lay down with
    The lion. And remember that heaven is coming to us.
    Also you can read the book of
    Job when the lord comes in a whirlwind and speaks of the ones
    He loves the most.
    I hope this helped.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 09:28 PM
    I agree with Fr. Chuck on that.
    Fred
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 29, 2010, 12:20 PM

All animals were created for our happiness and enjoyment. I am sure that Jesus has the power to give life to every chicken eaten, every animal that now hangs in a closet as a fur jacket, etc. All our pets will be there, the only important question is will I be there?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chocodrip View Post
    All animals were created for our happiness and enjoyment. I am sure that Jesus has the power to give life to every chicken eaten, every animal that now hangs in a closet as a fur jacket, etc. All our pets will be there, the only important question is will I be there?
    Chocodrip, please check dates before posting. This thread was started in May 2009 and it's been inactive since then. By posting you've bumped it to the top and the OP hasn't been back.

Please don't post on old threads.

I've asked the mods to close this thread.

Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 09:04 PM

You asked for it, you got it,

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Animals that cry [ 1 Answers ]

What animals cry and make a show of sympathy?

What does your animals look like? [ 19 Answers ]

Hey guys I figured I would lighten up the place by asking all of you to put pics up of your dogs. I'm just curious to what kind of animals you all have. Hope to see some pics! http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/sarahbeth26/doodle010.jpg This is my Slider. He is a year old and was...

Farm animals. [ 11 Answers ]

What really did come first, the hen or the egg? And when its alive why do we call it a hen and when we eat it it's chichen?:confused: :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Animals [ 1 Answers ]

What is an animal that starts with the letter "x"

Animals [ 2 Answers ]

My cat was diagnosed with a lung infection. Does litter box dust or litter box deodorizers cause this problem? She is also having some type of breathing attack. Her breathing is heavy and when she has these attacks she is gasping for breath. The vet prescribed CLAVAMOX. She is an older cat over...

View more questions Search