Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    echo777777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Grants
    I am a felon and would like 2 start small business cleaning painting etc is their a special grant 4 felons and how do I abtain it ///??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 20, 2009, 04:29 PM

Hello e:

There is no special grants for felons, so I can't help with the rest.

There are grants that you can get that felons aren't excluded from. But, nobody is going to put you into business.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2009, 04:55 PM

If you are going to open your busniess in a very depressed area, you may get tax credits .

If you are going to hire 20 or plus employees you may get breaks on leases for your building. *( number of employees vary by requirements)

But in general there is no free money just to open your business, you will have to get loans or work off money you save.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 20, 2009, 05:27 PM

Hi, echo777777!

As in the answers above, nope, there aren't any grants to start a business just because someone has been convicted of a felony. Once a person has done their time and paid there dues to society, they're free to apply for money in the form of loans or grants just like everyone else.

If you're going to do cleaning, what kind of cleaning are you going to do? If you're going to do painting, what kind of painting is it you're going to do, please?

One of the things that I do for a living is that I'm a house painter among other things. Most of my business comes from the ads that I've placed on the Internet for free. If you'd like to know how to place such ads the most effectively, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

How do I get grants for my G.E.D? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get grants for my G.E.D. I want to go back to school, but I'm not sure how to pay for it without having a job.

How do you get grants [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get a grant that would help pay my taxes and propane?

Grants [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find and apply for ex-felon grants

Grants [ 1 Answers ]

I want to become a barber so I need to attend barber college. My wife and I are poor. Does anyone know how I might find a Grant to attend Barber College?

View more questions Search