Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rucha patel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Skin patches
    2 months before, I got red silvery patches all over my skin of legs around 15 -16 and some of them in arms and at back also!! I used 1%cortisone cream also and patches are been lightened up... but are still visible!
    But , now I think its becoming more dense...
    Can you help me out... that what is this problem and what treatment do I need?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 05:29 PM

You should go to a dermatologist. If you've had this condition for so long and its not getting better it could be something serious. With so little details and so many possibilities as to what could be causing it only a dr will be able to help you determine the root of the problem.
    rucha patel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    you should go to a dermatologist. if you've had this condition for so long and its not getting better it could be something serious. with so little details and so many possibilities as to what could be causing it only a dr will be able to help you determine the root of the problem.
    Thanks 4 your response... but something serious means??
    Like can u tell me what are the possibilities of?
    I'm also from medical field only... so u can use perfect medical terms...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 11:05 AM

Something serious like, something that needs a doctor's attention. Did you read what I wrote earlier? I said "only a dr will be able to help you determine the root of the problem." it could be anything from something simple like you're just allergic to the soap you've been using to who knows what, maybe some contagious rash that you need prescription medication for. You said you've had this problem for 2 months. And the way you described it makes it sound like its getting worse, not better.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 11:42 AM

My son has Pityriasis Rosea. If your rash looks like the image below ,it could be that.I am only going by your explanation.I am not a medical professional,this is just a guess on my part.
    Attached Images

Yvonne16- Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2013, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    My son has Pityriasis Rosea. If your rash looks like the image below ,it could be that.I am only going by your explanation.I am not a medical professional,this is just a guess on my part.
    I have the same kind in the picture scattered all over my uppper legs and thighs.they are red patches of different shapes and they are not itchy
    What have you done to cure this?thanks in advance...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to blend light patches of skin [ 14 Answers ]

I used a product called mega blast from the company "world of entertainment". I used their cream for 2 and a half weeks until I noticed light patches of skin forming on my face and I stopped immediately. The service reps said that I may have been applying it too heeavily and too often. My question...

Lighter patches on african-american skin [ 1 Answers ]

Im am 22 yrs old, I do not have a dark skinned tone but not light either, I am somewhere in the middle, I recently developed a lot of light spots on my stomach and legs. My dad had this same problem but only on his back which is where I also had the problem at first. He said his doctor told him to...

Panic/Black patches of skin on puppy [ 28 Answers ]

Why is it one thing after another with my puppy? It's upsetting. So now my 4 month old jack russell cross chihuaha female pup is developing black/grey patches on her skin. I've never seen or heard of anything like this, she is my first dog. Her skin was pink everywhere, and now very small...

Dirty skin patches [ 1 Answers ]

I have dirty skin patches on the back of my neck,elbows,ankles,and knees. Soap or alcohol does not work. Does any one know about this or how to get rid of it?

View more questions Search