Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pwsid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2003, 03:07 AM
    Windows Desktop
    Over time as I install/add new programs, the right portion of my window become populated with additional icons. I believe that these items eats up much memory. The listing of items automatically loaded each time I turn my PC on can be viewed by activating <Alt> <Ctrl> <Del>.

For my PC I believe that the main programs may include: Explorer, Easykey, Atitask, Aticwd32, Systray

How do I delete or manage the startup list? (note -- The items do not appear in Start, Program, Startup)

At one time I go into Start, Run, then type in some phrase. Please advise.

Thank you.

Paul
    i_love_to_listen Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2003, 07:13 PM
    Windows Desktop
    Try accessing the settings of these programs by right clicking on each one. In the settings, there should be an option which basically says 'Load program when computer starts' which you want to uncheck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desktop [ 8 Answers ]

While trying to place a shortcut icon for eBay on my desktop, I selected the option to paste to desktop. Now I have a portion of the eBay home page on the desktop and I don't know how to remove it. Need advice please. Thanks.

Icons missing from desktop on Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

I have a elderly client that I recently visted for a beginners training session. Somehow... the icons on her DESKTOP are gone... the icons on her desktop are goneHow do I get them back on the desktop. Thank you. [email protected]

Desktop [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks Could any one tell me how to stop My documents automatically opening when I start up my computer. :confused: :confused:

Windows desktop [ 1 Answers ]

When I click on a shortcut item on my desktop, the message "windows cannot find browser.exe" "This program is needed for opening files of type "URL: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol" How can I be able to click on shorcut and have the web page brought up. Any help in correcting this problem would be...

View more questions Search