Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I think I already said that I have seen reports where the bank has reported an account has been opened, a CD has been obtained. Sometimes the bank runs a check to see where the deposit money comes from.

I don't work in the banking industry so why it happens, I don't know. I only know that it does.

To "assume" that opening a new account at another bank keeps a lien from being collected is simply foolish.
    So then you are talking about when a CD is opened with a large sum of money deposited into such account?

Weren't we just talking about opening up a regular account at a bank... why I was asking for clarification on a simple checking or savings account... maybe with only $10 in each?

And I never got a clarification if anyone was referring to "banks report to credit bureaus" (which we ALL should know that) or if "banks report the opening of a new checking account... or ANY information about a checking account to a credit bureau" (which was all I was looking for.. and still hasn't been clarified).

I have to stand by my position... with over 7 years experience in the debt/credit industry, I have never witnessed a credit report with information about someone's personal checking account that the person themselves did NOT submit to a credit bureau or submit via a credit application.

I have actually had clients successful avoid a bank levy by closing the bank account that was originally associated with their credit card and banking somewhere else.

We have also had MANY clients change where they bank so that certain creditors CANNOT obtain certain information about the client that might interfere with negotiations on the debts they owe.

It is, indeed, "foolish to 'assume' that opening a new account at another bank keeps a lien from being collected" as someone said... but I haven't seen anyone make that claim yet.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 12:16 PM

I think this should be taken to the discussion board - it is counterproductive and not helpful to the OP. I also question the legality of advising a "client" to close an account here and open one there to avoid a lien. That's another subject.

You've never seen a SS number on a credit report. I have. Maybe my sources are different from yours.

Let's either move it, get a third opinion/observation or drop it.

I can only tell you my experience as an investigator.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 12:30 PM

That is fine. But I don't advise clients... I am not a legal adviser. I give clients options and allow them to choose the path they think is best.

I have definitely seen plenty of reports with SS numbers on them? I don't know where that came from.

Anyway, obviously when emotions run high, intelligence runs low and we are not seeming to read what is actually being written so we can move on.

As for the OP, he edited his original post to clarify what he was looking for... so the option is still there that if you do not plan on moving or selling your home, you can focus on surviving. That is your main priority. They cannot garnish your disability and you have no funds in a bank account to levy.

They can still lien your home but if you intend to live out your life there, so what?

If you do plan on moving or selling, you have to assume that they will lien your home. How much equity do you have or will you have when you sell? You may have to repay this debt before you can take any profit made from the house to move on.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle View Post
    That is fine. But I dont advise clients... I am not a legal adviser. i give clients options and allow them to choose the path they think is best.

I have definitely seen plenty of reports with SS numbers on them? I dont know where that came from.

Anyway, obviously when emotions run high, intelligence runs low and we are not seeming to read what is actually being written so we can move on.

As for the OP, he edited his original post to clarify what he was looking for... so the option is still there that if you do not plan on moving or selling your home, you can focus on surviving. That is your main priority. They cannot garnish your disability and you have no funds in a bank account to levy.

They can still lien your home but if you intend to live out your life there, so what?

If you do plan on moving or selling, you have to assume that they will lien your home. How much equity do you have or will you have when you sell? You may have to repay this debt before you can take any profit made from the house to move on.

Where did my last post say YOU have seen plenty of credit reports with SSN on them? I presume that's what you mean by: "I have definitely seen plenty of reports with SS numbers on them? I dont know where that came from."

I also - because of my line of work - have to chuckle at "But I dont advise clients... I am not a legal adviser. i give clients options and allow them to choose the path they think is best." Every malpractice suit I've ever had involving anything financial has carried this same defense. Hard to believe your liability insurance carrier is aware of that philosophy.

As far as - "obviously when emotions run high, intelligence runs low and we are not seeming to read what is actually being written so we can move on" - kindly speak for yourself, your emotions, intelligence and reading abilities and leave me out of your conclusions.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 02:54 PM
    Where did my last post say YOU have seen plenty of credit reports with SSN on them?
    You've never seen a SS number on a credit report. I have. Maybe my sources are different from yours.
    Right there.

As far as - "obviously when emotions run high, intelligence runs low and we are not seeming to read what is actually being written so we can move on" - kindly speak for yourself, your emotions, intelligence and reading abilities and leave me out of your conclusions.
    It's not difficult to spot the change in one's tone once emotions get involved.

Even more so when one begins misquoting others to validate their point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Credit Card Debt? Consolidate using debt consolidation agency? Good or Bad? [ 11 Answers ]

Does it reflect negatively on my credit report if I consolidate credit card debt using a debt consolidation agency? I can make my credit card payments, but only the minimums. The APR's are mid to high teens -- I feel like a hamster on a wheel. Is it worse to continue like I am, with credit cards...

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

View more questions Search